EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way that the VIN Number differentiates between the different Trim Levels? We are looking at a 2014 Buick Enclave Premium and when I run the VIN number through the various sites I get different responses stating that its either the Leather Group or Premium as marketed.
Any help is appreciated in determining how I can differentiate between Leather Group and Premium Group trim levels.
Thanks.
???

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. I hope you find this site informative for all your needed answers. I also hope someone chimes in here on this thread that can help you, as you are looking to get into that 14 soon. Keep us all updated on your search and decision. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
RockVegasKid said:
Thank you... Any help by anyone is greatly appreciated...
I will try and see what I can dig up for and post any link I find pertaining to 2014 VIN info.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
RockVegasKid said:
Is there any way that the VIN Number differentiates between the different Trim Levels? We are looking at a 2014 Buick Enclave Premium and when I run the VIN number through the various sites I get different responses stating that its either the Leather Group or Premium as marketed.
Any help is appreciated in determining how I can differentiate between Leather Group and Premium Group trim levels.
Thanks.
???
Open the glove box and inside you will find a label with RPO codes. These codes are what options and standard features that particular vehicle was built with. Standard codes for different trim levels are usually 1SB, 1SD, etc. Here is a link that shows the different trim level codes, and some of what is standard or optional with each.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/buick/vehicles/enclave/2014.tab3.html

Here is a link showing the RPO codes from a Fleet Ordering Guide. Use the box in the upper right corner to select what codes are shown, such as A-H, etc. Not sure what year this is from, but it should give you a real good idea of what options a particular car has. You can take a picture of any used cars you are looking at and then compare that label to the lists.

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/rpocodes.jsp?year=2014&regionID=1&divisionID=4&vehicleID=14082

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
The VIN will not tell you if its a special trim.
It will tell---

where it was built US/CANADA/MEXICO
World Made Identifier
Body Type and Brake system
Line chassis series,
Restraint system
Engine type
Model year
Production Sequence.

·
Registered
657 Posts
rbarrios said:
The VIN will not tell you if its a special trim.
It will tell---

where it was built US/CANADA/MEXICO
World Made Identifier
Body Type and Brake system
Line chassis series,
Restraint system
Engine type
Model year
Production Sequence.
I think yes, the VIN help to identify the trim. Last month, I bought the NX and told my agent specifically that it is not a F sport model, because F sport cause more insurance. He told me, don't worry, yes I know when I punch the Vin - what model and trim it is.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
hes talking about an option package. which offers extras goodies inside.

the VIN would probably differentiate- in cases like the Trailblazer/Envoy- which had the short wheelbase for 5 or the longer wheelbase for seating for 8. which would prob be shown in the body type digit in the VIN

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Then, possibly he needs to take a picture of the glovebox build code sticker and post the picture here once they reach 5 posts. Then we can check the goody list. :D

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help... I plan to back and test drive... I'll look in the glove box and snap a picture of the codes...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
:thumb: take a piture of the actual vehicle, too. Would like to see it. If you need help posting a 1024kb pic to a comment, let me know. I can tell you where the choose file under the additional options is below the box you're commenting in, is. Oh wait, I just told you. ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the help... Took a picture of the build codes in the glove box and I was able to figure out from the information you all gave me... Took it out for a spin and we like the feel of the enclave... However, I do agree with the most of the reviews that state the enclave is a little underpowered... We still plan on purchasing an enclave in light of this... Maybe this will be the one... Thanks again everyone for the help...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
RockVegasKid said:
Thanks for all the help... Took a picture of the build codes in the glove box and I was able to figure out from the information you all gave me... Took it out for a spin and we like the feel of the enclave... However, I do agree with the most of the reviews that state the enclave is a little underpowered... We still plan on purchasing an enclave in light of this... Maybe this will be the one... Thanks again everyone for the help...
That's a very loaded Premium Group Enclave (1SN) which is also equipped with the factory towing option (V92).

Regardless of which Enclave you may end up with, youmight also want to consider a GM Extended warranty at the same time of purchase. Plenty of posts on these various forums as to where to buy them for substantial savings usually compared to what local dealers want.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
You are quite welcome, RockVegasKid! Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you... We ended up purchasing the vehicle but unfortunately discovered that the Tire Pressure Label is missing which probably means it may have been involved in an accident or something... Whatever it was it appears to be minor and a used car is a used car... At any rate if anyone has the recommended tire pressure for 20" tires please pass it along...

Also, does anyone know if the parts department will order a replacement label???

Thanks again...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update:
I was able to squeeze a new VIN label out of the dealer but wouldn't provide anymore than that. Went on GMpartsdirect but the drawing of the rest of the labels and their locations is vague. At any rate, if anyone has a drawing or pic(s) of the locations and descriptions of all the labels on the driver's side, pillars, doors, fuel door, etc. I would appreciate it... I will try GMpartsdirect or another vendor that will provide me with a tire pressure label now that I have a new VIN label.

Initial Review of the '14 Enclave:
Drives nice but I feel like most people that the engine is a little underpowered.

Thanks for your help...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts