EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I leased a 2014 Enclave, overall a very comfortable vehicle. it is my wife daily driver, however we had issues with the AC early on where dealer said it was leaking freon and now is making a grinding noise during start up at random fashion (more often in mornings). Dealer called me saying that they think it could be low oil level but I am not convinced about their diagnostic.
I was thinking to keep the car after the lease but now I am afraid of getting a problematic vehicle. Have you had experience issues with AC on 2014's ? Do the repairs hold on? What about the grinding noise ? I saw a Acadia in youtube with similar noise and they reported cam solenoids damaged but also they said dealer tried to blame on low oil as well. Any thoughts ? regards,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wife drives a 2014 Enclave and experienced AC freon leak last summer. Dealer found leak in rear valve junction. Dealer repaired under warranty and has been working OK since. No issues on grinding noise at startup. Wife enjoys her Enclave but never had a vehicle AC fail in so little time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back after several years of ownership. I decided to keep the Enclave after the lease.
AC system was fixed twice under warranty. Dealer said that the HVAC fan motor in the rear system was losing cooper particles that corroded the AC condenser to the point on making the freon escape.
The grinding noise was the CAM solenoids. It took me long time for the dealer to recognize the problem and I had to call GM directly and talk with one of their engineers. I sent him the link on youtube of the Acadia doing the same noise and finally he sent instruction to the dealer to replace the solenoids.
Now is 70k miles, just the airbag service message "ON" and a slight misfire while cruising at 65 MPH and very low RPM. No engine lights.
How are your Enclaves holding up ? How many miles the transmission/engine combo last with good maintenance ?

regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts