EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the new enclave and first thing we added was floormats to help protect from a little girl (probably from me too)! I did a lot of searching for different mats, but didn't find anything better priced or fitting than weather tech mats. I have the cocochino interior with tan mats. Fit is good and color is better matched to actual interior than the plain description of "tan". I was concerned when ordering and almost went with black, but really glad I didn't. Highly recommend for the enclave. We order mats to cover entire floor and cargo area.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
I have the complete set in my 11 Enclave. With the light titanium color carpeting I decided they would be a great idea and they are.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Took the weather mat out of our 2010 before trading it in for the 2014. Only problem is the holddown buttons are turned in a different direction so they don't work. Other than that they are fine.

·
Registered
440 Posts
tngeebee said:
Took the weather mat out of our 2010 before trading it in for the 2014. Only problem is the holddown buttons are turned in a different direction so they don't work. Other than that they are fine.
I had an issue with my mats and the holddown buttons being the wrong way. I was able to hand turn the entire assembly that is attached to the carpet to make the mats work. Might want to give it a shot.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have the entire set (gray) for my 2012 E (black with titanium interior). I too have a young daughter (7 years old) and it's easier, cheaper, and more time efficient to clean the weathertech mats than to clean carpet mats.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've had those Weathertech "mats" in my 2008 Enclave since I bought it in 2007. They work great and the carpet is like new under them....the best protection you can buy!

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
Probably true based on so many glowing reports. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Singhsta said:
Hi the front fit great.. The back is not as snug as I thought... do u poke holes in it to attach to the buttons?
I do not have these mats - wish I did though. Good question Singhsta!. I wouldn't poke any hole in the mats for fear that any melted snow or spilled beverage were to seep thru them - and especially poking holes in these very expensive additions :nono: Not me, anyway.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
cfedor, what kind of mats do you have? Though I don't have the highly regarded WeatherTech liners that are so popular with the forum members, I am pretty satisfied with the Buick all weather heavy duty rubber mats. They don't provide complete coverage, but they do a nice job of containing skills and snow melt. I will probably still need to shampoo the carpeting before selling the car to optimize trade-in value because of the dirty areas of carpet not protected by the rubber mats.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Since we rarely use the back two rows of seats, I only have Buick all-weather black mats in the front. I am quite happy with them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried the digital cut fronts in my new 2014 but after trying everything I could, they just would not nest in right.
Returned them and went with the black all weather front and back and like them a lot.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I love Weathertech Brand, but I just don't like bare plastic/rubber mats. So, I got these, which are molded and similiar, but have some thin sturdy all weather carpet on them.

These are the fronts (see ebay link below) . I have these plus the second row (one piece). Great fit, can be rinsed off and dried easily if needed, and have the cutouts for the floor attachements.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nifty-583066-T-Catch-It-Carpet-Floor-Mat-2-pc-Front-Tan-/161155574834?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Enclave&hash=item25859eec32&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
cfedor, what kind of mats do you have? Though I don't have the highly regarded WeatherTech liners that are so popular with the forum members, I am pretty satisfied with the Buick all weather heavy duty rubber mats. They don't provide complete coverage, but they do a nice job of containing skills and snow melt. I will probably still need to shampoo the carpeting before selling the car to optimize trade-in value because of the dirty areas of carpet not protected by the rubber mats.
I have a single black rubber mat on the drivers side, as I am usually the ONLY one in the "Cherry-Ot". This old black mat came from my dad's Infinity QX56. It is grooved with high sides so it does a pretty decent job of containing the slush/salt/brine of winter. The other areas are just our plain Enclave standard carpet mats.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I, like Gold, have the Buick rubber mats. Every summer I tell myself I will put in the carpet ones for the different season but never do. Carpet ones still in the boxes since I got the rubber ones. What I do want is a cargo mat that would cover behind the second row, I think I've seen these, but don't believe Buick has a mat, have only seen the small one for behind the third row. Actually, a mat that could be folded out to cover entire cargo area when all seats folded would be even better.

I have been doing some small jobs with a friend of mine, which involves putting dirty things like a ladder, chain saw, gas cans, and on one occasion....a bunch of cut up tree logs. Just using a blanket and small tarp to protect, but would be nice to have a more rigid thing to protect. Also have had lumber back there, but we needed two sheets of plywood, and that didn't fit so we had to strap to the roof. Needless to say, I have been using ALL of my Enclave these days, not to mention doing family duty on weekends where we used all 8 seats last weekend to shuttle friends to a restaurant that was close to our hotel, but not within walking distance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry for opening such an old trail, but for anyone that has the trunk liner (weathertech or otherwise), how does it work (once you put the 3rd row up) if you have the larger size that fits behind the 2nd row and into the trunk when the 3rd row is folded down? does the liner just bend?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts