EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am a new, first time Buick owner and new to this forum. On our first trip with the new Enclave I connected my iPod Touch to the USB connection on top of the dash. I was able to access the music by voice and playback was fine, except that each song repeated. After a little more investigation, I realized that the repeat function on the iPod was automatically enabled by the Intellilink system. In other words, if I was playing an album through the iPod only, without the repeat function enabled, the songs would play through normally. If I attached the iPod to the USB connection and started playing songs through the Enclave's system, the repeat icon would then light up on the iPod and the songs would repeat. I have not been able to find any mention of a repeat option in the Enclave manuals and the only button on the Intellilink touch screen is for "Shuffle". When I press that, the Shuffle icon lights up on the iPod, as it should. Also, when I play a CD in the car, the songs do not repeat.

Sorry for the long post. As of now, I can't play my iPod in the car without manually hitting the repeat icon to disable it on the iPod every time I switch to a new song or album. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or can suggest a fix. Thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hello shivas7, i assume your device is using iOS8. it may be small comfort to know that your not alone with this issue. many apple users have reported the same problem across various makes of vehicle, including apple's partner ford. apple is aware of the problem and suggest a hard reset of your device while connected to your vehicle usb. there have been no reports of this "fix" actually working.
i did notice on another post a user got his iphone6 to work properly with the bluetooth connection of his car, so maybe apple has released an update.
in most cases, if you have problems with an idevice interacting with the rest of the world then the first place to look for an answer is apple. with cross platform compatibility becoming an everyday necessity, apple is having a hard time finding and fixing compatibility errors that were once considered features of the walled garden. check the apple boards for updates and possible workarounds, you will find quite a few threads on your issue. good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.
I will search the Apple boards for possible solutions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
shivas7
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing