EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, took my Enclave in to dealer for routine oil change and tire rotation. When the car was given back to me the Service All Wheel Drive message was being displayed and wouldn't go away after restarts, etc. Immediately went back into the dealer and they said it is probably a short in the AWD module and they would put an analyzer on it for free. After the results, I'm afraid the AWD module over the rear diff has a short in it, which has nothing to do with our work and will cost $800 to replace.

Does this make sense or sound right?

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
729 Posts
Just a coincidence that it happened after their work which was not due to anything that they did. HMMMMM. Anyway, if it is this part:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...,drivetrain,differential+control+module,19710
It costs $272 on Rockauto so the dealer marks it up nicely and add the mechanics work 1-2 hours worth.
Maybe that is the problem or maybe they are feeding you a line of BS, who knows. Maybe they pinched a wire themselves.
Sometimes the dealer will throw parts at a problem till they get it right.
I don't know exactly where that part is located and if the differential need to be opened up to do it, get a second opinion or buy the part and install it yourself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This forum just saved me $3,000. Ok guys I hope I’m not posting this in too many places but here are several threads on this topic. Turns out via research here. My DIC “Service All Wheel Drive” message was due to a faulty Rear Differential Control Module. Bought a replacement part on eBay using the same year used part. Independent mechanic installed with ease and guess what? Message disappeared and problem is solved. The whole rear differential assembly did NOT need to be replaced. The “clutch pack” did not need to be replaced. Just the $35 used part. It did not need to be flashed or reprogrammed. I don’t know if that’s because I found the part off a same year used model or not...but I thought this was worth sharing for anyone else in my situation. My Buick was not making noise from the rear.... I just had the message appear one day and I got concerned. Took it to GM dealer and they said I needed a new module and had to replace the whole rear differential assembly for a total of $3200.00. Turns out it was just the control module for $35 and roughly $175 in labor to replace. Thank you Enclave Forum @rbarrios @Spelos @electbc

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
729 Posts
I wonder how the OP ever made out. Glad to hear things worked out for you RedSoxFan. Just goes to show how much time the dealer mechanics spend on a problem to properly diagnosis an issue and give the customer a positive experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts