EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Enclave. Love the car. Going down the highway at 70 the stabilitrak kicks in and starts to pulse the brakes Freaked everyone out. Lucky it didn’t cause an accident.

Always dealer serviced, took it to them and they had no answer. Happens again 4 months later after the service stabilitrak light comes on. Found if you shut the car off then turn the traction control off, it doesn’t do it.

Happened again 1 month ago on the highway, deal again has no answer, asks if we are driving with two feet (really?)

Love the car but dealer has no answer and it’s not safe to drive on the highway.

Wondering if anyone had ideas or the same problem or a way to open a case with GM?

Either have to find a fix or work around or get rid of the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post the codes?
Only messages that came on was Service Stabilitrack and then later check traction control. They went off my themselves and the dealer couldn't duplicate and there weren't any codes coming up when they plugged in their diagnostics. Only happens when going over 60 mph. Not in normal driving or under that speed.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
962 Posts
Many things can cause these messages but pulsing the brakes is dangerous. Check the brake fluid level, make sure it up to the line, easiest thing to check. There are plenty of previous posts on the subjects, do some searching here, Traverse Forum, Acadia Forum and Saturn Outlook forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many things can cause these messages but pulsing the brakes is dangerous. Check the brake fluid level, make sure it up to the line, easiest thing to check. There are plenty of previous posts on the subjects, do some searching here, Traverse Forum, Acadia Forum and Saturn Outlook forum.
Yes. Super dangerous. Did lots of searching before I posted here. Nothing about this issue while driving on highway. Too bad, love the car but can't take a chance it happens again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Enclave. Love the car. Going down the highway at 70 the stabilitrak kicks in and starts to pulse the brakes Freaked everyone out. Lucky it didn’t cause an accident.

Always dealer serviced, took it to them and they had no answer. Happens again 4 months later after the service stabilitrak light comes on. Found if you shut the car off then turn the traction control off, it doesn’t do it.

Happened again 1 month ago on the highway, deal again has no answer, asks if we are driving with two feet (really?)

Love the car but dealer has no answer and it’s not safe to drive on the highway.

Wondering if anyone had ideas or the same problem or a way to open a case with GM?

Thanks!

Did you find out what the problem was? Same thing happened on my vehicle but luckily for me it was when I first bought it and the dealership replaced the whole ABS before handing it off to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you find out what the problem was? Same thing happened on my vehicle but luckily for me it was when I first bought it and the dealership replaced the whole ABS before handing it off to me.
No, dealership refuses to admit there is a problem. Once they replaced the ABS did this ever happen again to you? Also, did they proactively do this base upon readings they were getting from the vehicle or did you have escalate to GM? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, dealership refuses to admit there is a problem. Once they replaced the ABS did this ever happen again to you? Also, did they proactively do this base upon readings they were getting from the vehicle or did you have escalate to GM? Thanks!!
So this happened to me on freeway between 2 semi reduced engine service stabili so best I've found out quick fix works most of the time to get home remove negative battery cable a few minutes and put back on.

It happened more times and got worse particularly in cold winter
Replaced throttle body fairly cheap did it myself
Happened again later new code pointed to throttle position sensor was fairly cheap fix not to difficult but 1 bolt very annoying.

Has ran well for awhile now I have read a couple time to drill the pcv vale hole slightly larger or find parts store to do it. And this gets to the root of the problem extra moisture in air system the get into places it shouldn't and causes electrical issues to pop up in a few places.
Places I've heard of (check engine codes) have pointed me to the specific thing currently effected. Advanced auto checked codes for free.
My stuff first throttle body then throttle position sensor.
Have also heard of brake position sensor and a few others I can't remember but one site had a 30 year buick mechanic say drill pcv vale a little bigger or auto value usually still will modify parts for you thats where race car drivers I know get pistons and holes done up.

Google buick enclave reduced engine power mode and you'll find many things to read. And FYI your dealer is lying or a moron. If he hasn't heard of this or can't talk to a fellow dealer/ mechanic that delt with it many times don't take their crap

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love the vehicle so I just fix it used to be a coverd recall fromm gm I think it's expired. Many models same issues don't let dealers get away with lying you can find it's repetitive and obvious problem in 5 minutes on Google. Typical corp bs save as much money as possible don't volunteer to fix known problems occasionally fix if someone makes a big stink or sues you. Is much cheaper than a recall or service order thing. DON'T TAKE THEIR CRAP!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So this happened to me on freeway between 2 semi reduced engine service stabili so best I've found out quick fix works most of the time to get home remove negative battery cable a few minutes and put back on.

It happened more times and got worse particularly in cold winter
Replaced throttle body fairly cheap did it myself
Happened again later new code pointed to throttle position sensor was fairly cheap fix not to difficult but 1 bolt very annoying.

Has ran well for awhile now I have read a couple time to drill the pcv vale hole slightly larger or find parts store to do it. And this gets to the root of the problem extra moisture in air system the get into places it shouldn't and causes electrical issues to pop up in a few places.
Places I've heard of (check engine codes) have pointed me to the specific thing currently effected. Advanced auto checked codes for free.
My stuff first throttle body then throttle position sensor.
Have also heard of brake position sensor and a few others I can't remember but one site had a 30 year buick mechanic say drill pcv vale a little bigger or auto value usually still will modify parts for you thats where race car drivers I know get pistons and holes done up.

Google buick enclave reduced engine power mode and you'll find many things to read. And FYI your dealer is lying or a moron. If he hasn't heard of this or can't talk to a fellow dealer/ mechanic that delt with it many times don't take their crap
Sorry it happened to you but good to know I wasn't losing my mind. Dealer refuses to do anything about it and doesn't acknowledged the problem even though it's a know issue. We sold the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks!
Same thing happened to me last night while driving home in traffic doing about 70. It previously happened the week before and I took it to the dealer, and they said it was a cooling sensor or something.

After paying to have it fixed a week later it happened again, almost got me killed.

2104 Enclave ~100K miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts