EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a tiny town without a GM dealership. I made an appointment, drove an hour away only to find out they couldn’t help me. My 2014 enclave infotainment system started spitting out CDs and then sucking them back in and shortly there after the entire system started shutting down and coming back on intermittently. Repair shop in town tells me It will cost me about $300 for them to pull things apart to look but they can’t guarantee that they’ll be able to fix it. That’s not very comforting. Does anybody know what the problem might be so I can save myself some time and money. If I have to, I will drive 3 1/2 hours to Denver to find a Buick dealership. Or up to Wyoming.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in a tiny town without a GM dealership. I made an appointment, drove an hour away only to find out they couldn’t help me. My 2014 enclave infotainment system started spitting out CDs and then sucking them back in and shortly there after the entire system started shutting down and coming back on intermittently. Repair shop in town tells me It will cost me about $300 for them to pull things apart to look but they can’t guarantee that they’ll be able to fix it. That’s not very comforting. Does anybody know what the problem might be so I can save myself some time and money. If I have to, I will drive 3 1/2 hours to Denver to find a Buick dealership. Or up to Wyoming.
I would be inclined to try buying a replacement unit - new or used - before looking at repairing the existing unit. Just my opinion. Probably wouldn't cost too much (especially if you go used). Then you can have an electronics shop install it and save the cost of the dealer. You can also install an aftermarket unit - some of which have car play and more advanced features than the stock unit comes with. That would 100% be the option that I would go for if the unit in my wife's Buick failed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts