EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
I installed the harness from Etrailer with a 7 Pin connector.
Installed the fuses and relays.
I have a 7 pin plug with both a 4 wire and a 5 wire Flat connector. I hooked up the LED Brake light, that works fine. The LED backup lights don't work yet, I have it wired to the 5 wire flat, white is Ground, Blue is Backup, No lights. I haven't checked to see if I am getting the power to the middle pin of the connector yet, but the plug to the flat connector reads continuity to the proper pins.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed the harness from Etrailer with a 7 Pin connector.
Installed the fuses and relays.
I have a 7 pin plug with both a 4 wire and a 5 wire Flat connector. I hooked up the LED Brake light, that works fine. The LED backup lights don't work yet, I have it wired to the 5 wire flat, white is Ground, Blue is Backup, No lights. I haven't checked to see if I am getting the power to the middle pin of the connector yet, but the plug to the flat connector reads continuity to the proper pins.
I assume the vehicle backup lights are working. If so the center pin (#7) needs to be checked, which will determine which side the problem is on. If it's on the vehicle side, it "may" be easier to run a new wire feeding off the backup light harness in the rear of the vehicle. Did they supply a vehicle wiring diagram for the trailer connector? (The vehicle wiring that connects to the trailer harness) Good luck.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
Yes the vehicle Backup Lights work. And the LED does work when I plug it into the accessory outlet in the back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Assuming the new harness is ok, there must not be any power at pin 7. If that's the case, probably be easier to tap off of the backup light harness.

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
Definitely toss a volt meter on there while someone puts it in reverse. I know mine gets voltage on the blue wire in reverse because any time I try and back up my trailer without connecting the wires the reverse lockout on the trailer surge brakes doesn't work and the harder I push the harder the brakes engage. Curious if it's the middle pin not getting voltage or an issue with your 7 to 5 adapter.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
I checked last night, no power to middle pin when it is reverse, vehicle reverse lights on. I will double check the fuse to see if it is getting power in and out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not real confidence inspiring for the e-trailer harness. Wonder if the OEM GM one would work properly.
That would only be true assuming the vehicle is supplying power to the harness input side. That's what needs to be determined before we move on.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
No Power on the Backup Fuse in or out. maybe since I don't have the V92, it would need to be re-flashed to provide an output there. Oh well, tapping into the reverse light circuit must be done.

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
That's really interesting. I've seen lots of people just adding the fuse as part of adding the wiring harness. Surprising it would be just the reverse wire that didn't get power. Makes me feel better about making sure to find a factory tow package Enclave vs adding the towing bits later.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
Wait a minute, there should be a Trailer Backup relay installed, Etrailer only provided two, it probably should have been three. I will check that next.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
OK so I took one of the turn signal relays and put it into the TRL/Backup socket, it provides positive voltage out of the fuse now. Unfortunately there still is no power on the middle Backup pin on the socket. Interestingly enough they show a relay in picture which comes with the connector but they don't provide a relay for it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe that was an oversight. Do they supply a wiring diagram that shows all these components and connectors etc?

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
No they don't provide a wiring diagram. Instructions and a picture of the fuse block. Instructions say to install the fuses in the proper location based on you looking at the Legend on the cover of the fuse box. They say to install the provided relays, they left out the third, although in their picture they show it in place.
I haven't given up yet, I have the truck wiring diagram from the 08-10 Enclave/Outlook/Acadia service manual. They show the connector with the wiring from the backup relay as being Lt. Green on position A in the connector in the Acadia section.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
Success. The middle pin was the only one bent on the harness connector to the Socket. First the relay not in place and then the bent pin, it's always something. The LED Backup Light works well. Its a combination, it may be too much of a spot light and not enough floodlight, hopefully it provides a better view in the backup cam tonight.
Thank You.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm going to run by a friends shop tomorrow and look on his All Data for the diagram we need. (Fuse box to trailer connector) Will report back tomorrow.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts