EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just bought a 2015 Buick Enclave and my wife and I have both really enjoyed the vehicle so far.

When I bought the vehicle, everything worked great, and the salesman and I checked all of the components (including heat, ac, heated and cooled seats) to ensure it worked.

I had grabbed a flight up to the dealership, and after checking it out and inspecting it, I signed the bottom line and drove the car about 10 hours back home. The car was extremely comfortable to drive, the ac was working well, and the cooled seats were freezing my butt. Needless to say the nearly 450 mile trip was one of the best road trips I’ve taken.

However, today is a different story. The driver side A/C is blowing cool (not as cold as it was), the passenger side is blowing moderately warm/hot air, and the rear just seems to be blowing air. Both sides were set to 60 and I’ve tried it with the rear ac on and off. Neither the drivers nor passenger side seats seem to be cooling much at all.

The heat works everywhere, with no issues that I can tell.

Based on my readings online, I suspect an actuator may be at fault. My first thought was possibly low Freon, but in my mind that doesn’t explain the driver side blowing cool air.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
448 Posts
You need to dig deeper, you need to see if the actuators are moving. The fronts you can get to and see much more easy than the rear unit which is buried in the right rear quarter with the actuator towards the fender skin. See if the fronts move when you move the controls. There are four in the front and two for the rear. I'm betting you have a freon leak though, because of the unlikely scenario of five or six actuators going bad simultaneously.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the dreaded rear Evap coil leak last month on my 2015. There seems to be a lot of AC problems on these cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem and the dealer fixed it right away. Bad motor and bad compressor.
I have a 2015 Enclave with relative low mileage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the problem was some bad valves and low Freon. A local tech at first didn’t think it was low on coolant since the system had good pressure, but later found that it only had half of the refrigerant in the system that it was supposed to. He also thinks that the dealer probably had a tech that recharged the system with one of those canned charge kits instead of fixing the leak which is why is quit working so quickly.

He recaptured the Freon, replaces the valves, and recharged the system with new Freon. It is working good as new. The warranty company covered the $230 cost for a zero deductible.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good deal. Im glad it worked out for you. Best move you made was the extended warranty. I believe you can't let this vehicles go out of warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
fcar53
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing