EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am glad to find this forum. I got this 2015 enclave 5 months ago, not drive too much because the lock down. Yesterday after I started the car and drove about 1 minute the CEL started flashing. It went off after about 15 seconds. I tried to read the code using my cheap obd2 reader and got nothing. Any thoughts? thanks! btw the car is 72k kms now.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
From the owners manual:
If the light is flashing : A malfunction has been detected that could damage the emission control system and increase vehicle emissions. Diagnosis and service may be required. To help prevent damage, reduce vehicle speed and avoid hard accelerations and uphill grades. If towing a trailer, reduce the amount of cargo being hauled as soon as possible. If the light continues to flash, find a safe place to park. Turn the vehicle off and wait at least 10 seconds before restarting the engine. If the light is still flashing, follow the previous guidelines and see your dealer for service as soon as possible. If the light is on steady : A malfunction has been detected. Diagnosis and service may be required. Check the following: . If fuel has been added to the vehicle using the capless fuel funnel adapter, make sure that it has been removed. See “Filling the Tank with a Portable Gas Can” under Filling the Tank 0 233. The diagnostic system can detect if the adapter has been left installed in the vehicle, allowing fuel to evaporate into the atmosphere. A few driving trips with the adapter removed may turn off the light. . Poor fuel quality can cause inefficient engine operation and poor driveability, which may go away once the engine is warmed up. If this occurs, change the fuel brand. It may require at least one full tank of the proper fuel to turn the light off. See Recommended Fuel 0 232. If the light remains on, see your dealer.
Take it to Autozone or similar Auto Parts place and see if they can read any codes in history. Get yourself a decent Bluetooth reader for your smartphone, if you have one, they are invaluable to keep with the vehicle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If your CEL was flashing, it may well be the ECM was detecting engine misfires that can cause catalyst damage. Intermittent misfires could be caused by a faulty ignition coil(s). If that is the case, you should have P codes recorded even if the CEL is not presently on. Like electbc said, get yourself a decent quality scanner. They are incredibly cheap now and worth every penny. It's possible the "boot" on a coil is leaking (Providing a spark path to ground) and that's all you need instead of a complete coil. Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not really. There are so many available now at really cheap prices. electbc likes the bluetooth models, perhaps he has one to recommend. I would recommend one that has real time capabilities. You can get a lot of features now at very reasonable prices. Good luck.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
I use the Bluedriver, it works, does the job. You can read most of the Engine Vitals and log them as you drive. It has ABS capabilities which is a Plus. If you shop around you may be able to purchase it for less than $100.
My next one will be an Autoenginuity with Bi-Directional capabilities, it is more expensive but will save in the long run. The only problem with Autoenginuity is that you need to buy the GM Enhanced, and I will also need Honda/Acura Enhanced, it will cost me $400 but will save more than that instead of going to a dealer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's cheap. About 1/2 hour dealer shop labor. It's amazing how cheap scanners and test equipment are getting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts