EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2015 Enclave is a little "jumpy" when shifting from second to third. Right before the shift, it revs the engine up and jumps a little.

Anyone know what this could be? The dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Mine seems to do it after it has been driven for a while. I think that's why the dealer couldn't replicate it. The first time I noticed it was at the end of the day when we had driven around all day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2017 (31k miles) has been doing this for months. Once it shifts into 3rd, the RPMs will start to go up like normal (under normal acceleration) continuing to gain speed, then the RPMs will drop slightly and hesitate, then start to climb again. I would describe this as the trans trying to up shift again way too early, very odd. It does this under normal to light throttle.

I brought it into the dealer for a leaking radiator and power steering concern and to have them assess the shifting issue. They determined there is an issue and are replacing the upper and lower valve bodies as per the TSB.

Thank you for posting, very helpful!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My 2017 (31k miles) has been doing this for months. Once it shifts into 3rd, the RPMs will start to go up like normal (under normal acceleration) continuing to gain speed, then the RPMs will drop slightly and hesitate, then start to climb again. I would describe this as the trans trying to up shift again way too early, very odd. It does this under normal to light throttle.

I brought it into the dealer for a leaking radiator and power steering concern and to have them assess the shifting issue. They determined there is an issue and are replacing the upper and lower valve bodies as per the TSB.

Thank you for posting, very helpful!
That's awesome! I took my Enclave to Buick telling them about the TSB. They were finally able to duplicate the problem after performing the power breaking procedure in the TSB. Now, I am waiting for my service advisor to get back to me. I am glad they were finally able to figure out the problem after about 18 months of me complaining about it and Buick telling me nothing was wrong with it. But, I am sure I am going to have to fight them on warranty since the car is now out of the powertrain warranty. Of course, it was under warranty 18 months ago when I started complaining about it. And this TSB was out in March, 2019 when I brought it in November, 2019. So, they should have been able to figure it out. Has anyone had experience with getting something like this covered since I have documentation of bringing the issue to their attention while it was still under warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They replaced:
Upper and Lower valve bodies
TEHCM
Channel plate

Need to drive it for a couple hundred miles since they reset the transmission adapts, need to relearn...hopefully this does the trick.

They also replaced the radiator and bled the power steering system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer replaced the upper and lower valve bodies and covered it under warranty. Hopefully this solves the issue.

Special shout out to Anaxas for posting the TSB and helping us out. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've driven 300 miles and its still doing it...argh. Gonna drive a couple hundred more miles and see if its evens out though. Now its flared a couple times since the repair, SMH.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Same thing happened to my 2016. Dealer replaced the transmission valve body. But it’s still doing it after the fix. Cant do anything until I drive it for another 5k miles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Vic. Did the dealer replace both the upper and lower valve bodies at the same time? My issue has been gone since the dealer replaced both of the valve bodies. Sorry some of you are still having trouble with this..

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi Vic. Did the dealer replace both the upper and lower valve bodies at the same time? My issue has been gone since the dealer replaced both of the valve bodies. Sorry some of you are still having trouble with this..
Yup. It’s still doing it. The dealer has been very helpful though. But had to complain to GM because the problem still exist and the dealer told me I have to wait for 5k miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its now gone 1,000 miles since the repair and its still doing it. Need to make another appt...

What's odd is now I am getting the random flare, which it wasn't doing before. I am lucky I'm still under the powertrain warranty (let alone the B2B).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts