EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All four camshaft position sensors just threw up codes yesterday on my sons 2015 Enclave. I have researched quite a bit and have come down to 2 conclusions.
First off, the engine will start, runs rough, then smooths out as it idles down. When you idle up, she rattles like a diesel. No power so really unusable.
I've seen several mentions that the ECM may need to be reprogrammed but the mechanic in me is making me think that it jumped time and may have a problem with the timing chain.
2015 with 79K miles.
I'll probably put it on a trailer and take it to the shop but I wanted to reach out to this group to see if there is something I'm not thinking about. I'm certain that all 4 sensors did not go bad at once but they are all common to the ECM.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All four camshaft position sensors just threw up codes yesterday on my sons 2015 Enclave. I have researched quite a bit and have come down to 2 conclusions.
First off, the engine will start, runs rough, then smooths out as it idles down. When you idle up, she rattles like a diesel. No power so really unusable.
I've seen several mentions that the ECM may need to be reprogrammed but the mechanic in me is making me think that it jumped time and may have a problem with the timing chain.
2015 with 79K miles.
I'll probably put it on a trailer and take it to the shop but I wanted to reach out to this group to see if there is something I'm not thinking about. I'm certain that all 4 sensors did not go bad at once but they are all common to the ECM.

Any help would be appreciated.
I think you are correct. I have a 2015 68,000 on it and no problems yet., but yea, all sensors failing at once is a very
looooooooooong shot. I don't know how well made the chain is or how common it is, but I'm gonna find out so I don't get there too!
Regards, Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts