EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 2016 Enclave steering wheel vibrates at speed above 60 MPH.

I have new tires. Since the vibration started, they have been balanced aligned, and rotated. Still vibrating.

It appears to be speed related. If I put car in neutral and rev engine, no vibration. No change in vibration when braking.

I recently had to change the power steering pump. Could the problem be power steering related? Rack and pinion? Tie rods? Control arm?

80k miles on the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Does it change if you steer to the left or to the right as in a Lane change? I had a bad wheel bearing once, no vibration, but noise dissipated when I changed to left lane, it was a bad bearing on the right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it change if you steer to the left or to the right as in a Lane change? I had a bad wheel bearing once, no vibration, but noise dissipated when I changed to left lane, it was a bad bearing on the right.
No, it's the same whether turning left or right.

No noise, either. Just vibration that can also be felt in the driver's seat. It started about a month ago, around the time I changed the power steering pump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had exactly the same issue and it went away once they changed my axles. They had my car for a long time back and forth I found another listing like this one and when I gave them it, power steering, Tires, Gear Box, force balancing none of these things fixed the issue. They finally changed my axles and NO MORE vibration in the steering wheel

·
Registered
352 Posts
Who changed the Pump, the dealer? There are specific procedures to bleed the air out of system after any power steering work, make sure they know about them. I believe it entails using a Vacuum Pump to evacuate the lines.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the exact problem in my 2011 AWD. Had tires balanced, aligned and new tie rod ends. Seems more prevalent when accelerating or pulling up a hill at highway speeds. Just put on 1300 miles driving to Maine and back. Car ran fine and alignment was straight and no noise. Just the annoying ever so slight vibration felt as you described. How can you tell if it’s the axles?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts