EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He guys, new to your community. Just thought I'd add a little something here to contribute. I have a 2016 Enclave. It has 76k miles on it. Just bought it used from a dealer. About a week or two after I bought it, my wife started noticing a shutter (which I also felt) when accelerating around a corner. Seemed very intermittent and only when the trans was shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Fast forward 2 weeks from there, the transmission now has only forward gears! It drives forward in Park (yes park), Reverse, Neutral, Drive and Low. Called the local buick dealer, they said no manufacturer warranty or safety recalls open on my vehicle. I am now working with the dealer that I bought it from who seem to be very willing to want to make things right. I just had it towed to a local GM dealer and am waiting to hear what the diagnosis comes back as. I will keep this post updated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 AWD that has exactly the same symptoms. I have not lost reverse yet. Service manager at the local dealer rode with me and said it was the clutch plate. He set a service appt. for one week later. Should I still be driving it? He did not seem concerned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would keep an eye (nose) on your transmission fluid. Mine was starting to smell burned so I quit driving it. I'm being told that I had a "wave plate" failure. In mine which lead to a major internal failure. I had 2 dealerships tell me that my best option is a need a new Transmission. I am currently having it replaced. It might be worth it for you to reach out to GM's customer care hotline and see if they would be willing to help you out with sharing any of the cost of repairs. My transmission was quoted @ $4900 for a new replacement or $4300 starting out for a rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts