EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mechanic(s) couldn't find the problem. I'm kinda a motor-head and I couldn't find it. Spent a lot of time driving slow through empty Mall parking lots and through cemeteries. Even had my wife drive slow across some blacktop cracks (in the cemetery) while I hung on the front end of the Buick with the hood open . . Yes there was a Youtube video in the making! There are only a few places where you can drive slow w/o a Cop pulling you over and asking if there is a problem ( and don't ask me how I know ). Enclave is 2016 with 58,000 miles. Rather than spend more $ trying to find the problem ( cause everything essential is tight and working) I just turn the radio volume up when I'm driving slow. I'm 72 ! Eventually my hearing will get worse or I'll trade the Buick in for a new one! Carpe diem !

·
Registered
351 Posts
Did you check the front sway bar links? Mine got loose and made this rattle over bumps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Front sway links are a possibility, however I had a rattle that turned out to be the rubber isolator for the strut spring. I had to put new struts on the front of my enclave and when I did so I noticed that the lower right strut rubber isolator, was torn. It would no longer set in the spring perch correctly. Instead of replacing it I just reinstalled as best I could. That didn’t work out so well, I had a rattle form the time of completion.

The ac delco lower one is what I bought and installed to solve my problem. Of course you will need to remove the strut and compress the strut spring which will require special tools.

You should be able to tell if yours is ripped/torn just by removing the tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts