EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback on Buick's offer for a $750 debit card or a 48-month/60,000-mile protection plan for 2016 Enclave owners because of misstated fuel economy numbers.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
If you are planning to keep the car for many years, I would agree to take the extended warranty. But, just make sure that it covers well and has a reasonably long expiration.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
C.R.E.A.M

Cash rules everything around me, quick, get the money, dollar dollar bill y'all.

Isn't this like your employer asking you to cash out your pension when you're only in your 40's? Meaning, they're determining a rate at which they can pay less for a current obligation? Kinda like a extended maintenance plan? Or life insurance?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Is that an extra 4 years and 60K or total? BTB is already 4 years 50K. If it's that latter, I'd take the $750 and run.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
jerkyboy said:
Here's the offer they sent...attached
:thumbdown: Decline it and take the $750 cash. It essentially provides a potential 10,000 extra miles of coverage.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I think it depends on how many miles are on your vehicle. If you've already racked up a bunch, the 60K extension might be nice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took the $750...definitely a no brainer as we have under 5K miles on the car. Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This whole situation upsets me to no end. The value of my car dropped and even though I lease, I feel like I would have made a different decision had the sticker been correct. There are four lawsuits against GM for this right now and I'm not sure if I want to take the $500 and waive my claim or see how those lawsuits pan out. I really am starting to wish I had not leased this car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If the protection plan runs concurrent to the factory warranty then take the gift card, because the factory warranty will already cover everything that's covered by the protection plan. If the protection plan runs consecutively with the factory warranty (meaning that it starts after the factory warranty has expired), then take the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
D_Richardson said:
If the protection plan runs concurrent to the factory warranty then take the gift card, because the factory warranty will already cover everything that's covered by the protection plan. If the protection plan runs consecutively with the factory warranty (meaning that it starts after the factory warranty has expired), then take the warranty.
It runs concurrently with the manufacturer's B2B, providing a 48 month/ 60,000 mile window of coverage.

·
Banned
2 Posts
2016 Fuel Economy Reimb 750 Debit Card or Extended Warranty Which

Debating back and forth on this extended warranty issue. I know Im going to want to do some mods here and there, but I would still like to keep a warranty just in case. My 4/50 runs out this coming spring, but Ive only got 25k on the car, so I guess the sooner I buy, the better? Guess I should just go talk to the dealership and see what they can offer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts