EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Enclave Owner

Sitting at red light, car in drive. After about 45 seconds I feel a slight bump or jolt as though I was bumped by the car behind. I realize not it was not contact but that the transmission did something strange i.e. a rough phantom shift. Anyone else?

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
8 Posts
From other posts - into the drive cycle after the car has been moving the car does an ABS self test at about 7 MPH and about 20 MPH. See if it coincides with those speeds.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Mac scott is sitting at a red light- for 45 sec. and then feels what he describes as feeling bumped from the rear.... so not related to the self test when hitting 20 MPH.

Mac, in my 2010, I began to feel delayed shifts into D from park, it would take up to 3 seconds for me to feel the engagement. that was the major symptom. Another symptom that I got a few times was I would slow down at a red light and stop. Some seconds later- I felt like I was bumped from the rear. I would even look up and look in rearview mirror only to see that there was no car present.
I never received a check engine light. But I knew what the delayed shifting was related to. I replaced the Laminate discs in the TECHM. They were indeed torn. This corrected the delayed shifts.
I have also not experienced anymore of those feelings of being bumped in the rear.
The way I see it in my head- was that I can to a stop fast enough that the transmissions laminate discs/solenoids- were a little delayed and when they finally did- the trans did something that allowed pressure within its passages to do whatever they do- that translated to the feeling of being bumped.

in the 2016s, the laminate disks are no longer used.. but im wondering if this is a sign of your techm having issues and or a solenoid getting sticky/lazy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 enclave and I admit that I do drive a lot, however, a couple years ago I had to replace my transmission at roughly 90k miles which in my opinion is way too soon for a transmission to go out. The cause was due to a faulty transmission cooler and overheating I believe, but the first symptoms I experienced seemed to be like you described. Just an fyi if you decide to get a replacement transmission read this article first it helped me a lot; Enclave | F-150

1 - 4 of 4 Posts