EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2016 currently sitting at about 52k miles. But for some reason, the transmission would feel like it’s shifting funny/slipping/hard shift but it happens when the car has been on for a long period of time. Should I change the transmission oil first even though it’s not dirty? What could it be?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'd change the transmission oil since it's easy to do. Then make sure that you fill it according to specifications. If that doesn't solve it, it may be your transmission electronic control module; they've been known to have issues on earlier models.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd change the transmission oil since it's easy to do. Then make sure that you fill it according to specifications. If that doesn't solve it, it may be your transmission electronic control module; they've been known to have issues on earlier models.
So if it's the transmission electronic control module, would that be covered under the powertrain warranty?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do have a question though. If I have a trust mechanic to change out the transmission oil but went ahead and go to the dealer to do the warranty repair, will they likely to void it?

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
704 Posts
Dealers will sometimes try to find things in order to avoid responsibility in warranty coverage. For instance if you do your own oil changes and they see that you didn't use an AC Delco oil filter, your engine seizes and they blame it on the oil filter. The burden is on them to prove that the oil filter caused the problem but still it would be their standard deniability of coverage. They can also say that you didn't change the oil according to GM frequency so then again you would need receipts that either you purchased the oil, a quick lube did it or an independent shop did it within-the required mileages, time frames or oil life monitoring frequencies. Of course you can usually get an Onstar report as to when the OLM was reset too, if you have an onstar subscription.
As far as the Tranny Fluid change, as long as you use the specified fluid and it is filled to specs, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on, albeit they may try.
When you change the fluid, don't go for a flush, that just stirs up too much junk Just drain and fill, drive a couple hundred miles, repeat a couple times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts