EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic piece on driver's seat with electric controls is hanging due to broken tabs. I'm shocked to find this is $267 to replace and not under warranty. The dealer has the part in stock and admitted it is a common problem. After discovering this blog, I see it has been a problem for years. Why don't they fix this obviously poor design? I'm sure it is an inexpensive part for them and a huge money maker. No more Buicks in my future!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wrote this while at the dealer having this replaced, and they just told me they will cover it under warranty. This is much appreciated Buick, but I still say please fix this poor design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had mine replaced twice under warranty (2012 Enclave). They broke again when the Enclave was out of warranty. So I duct taped them, as not going to pay that much $$$ for something that lasts a couple of years at most. The duct tape has lasted longer, and looks like crap.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very sad it is such a common problem and they can't have one of their engineers design a long-term solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts