EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rsouthern
Thank you for the post. We are experiencing the same issues with our 2018 enclave avenir. Although the dealership has been helpful, they have not been able to fix the issue. In fact, the issue happened again yesterday so it is going back to the dealership today. I’m not sure if they have recalibrated the brake but they have replaced the ECM and possible the BCM. This has become a real safety issue and I’m hoping they take it seriously and can get a similar outcome as you did.

Latest update. The problem happened again less than a week after the 2nd recalibration. Neither the dealer or GM could explain what the calibration was fixing, or why a year old car’s brake system needed to be retrained on where the parking brake position was. Anyway, to make a long story short, GM is buying the car back under the California Lemon Law. They only tried to fix it twice, but I guess that since it’s a safety issue they don’t have to keep on trying. Now the question or another Enclave or something else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rsouthern
Thank you for the post. We are experiencing the same issues with our 2018 enclave avenir. Although the dealership has been helpful, they have not been able to fix the issue. In fact, the issue happened again yesterday so it is going back to the dealership today. I’m not sure if they have recalibrated the brake but they have replaced the ECM and possible the BCM. This has become a real safety issue and I’m hoping they take it seriously and can get a similar outcome as you did.
Rsouthern
One question; when you experienced these issues was the car on any sort of an incline? Ours seems to happen mostly when our car is on (even the slightest) incline. You mentioned that it happened in an intersection (assuming you were at a complete stop or at low speed), just want to confirm it never happened at a higher speed. Thank you

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
10 Participants
Rjobe
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing