EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Looking to see if anyone else has had any problems with the electronic e-brake. Our 2018 Avenir has had 2 instances of the brake activating and not being able to be deactivated via the button. The situation happened 2 times, about 2 weeks apart. The first time the problem happened just down the street from our house after the car was put into park, we could drive the car back to the house safely with the brake still activated. The problem went away after parking the car overnight. The second time happened when the vehicle was in motion and like the first time it didn't lock up the rear wheels and my wife drove it (with some difficulty) to the dealer. The inspected the brakes and said there was no wear and they didn't detect any brake burning smell. They found 2 error codes but couldn't reproduce the problem so they did a re-calibration per some tech bulletin. The re-calibration apparently re-syncs the brake module to the button (sounds odd to me). Nothing was replaced and GM won't authorize any proactive replacements unless it happens again.

Anyone else experience something similar?
I’ve had my 2020 enclave for 3 weeks now and I have noticed afew times when put into park the emergency parking brake automatically engages. It disengages when I go to drive again I’m just alittle concerned as no other car has ever done this.

·
Super Moderator
595 Posts
My last VW and current Audi both have electronic parking brakes and I've never had an issue. They will both randomly apply the parking brake after you're in park and open a door to make sure nothing seizes up. It was really concerning the first time it happened because it's quite loud. Their version will just apply it and then release it immediately. Seems to happen about once a month. I've never had a problem with either car and I have had to replace parking brake cables in other vehicles so I'm hopeful this system is actually more reliable than the old cable system that was prone to seizing cables.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts