1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left dealer with 8 miles on July 3rd.

1. Steering wheel controls on right don’t work

2. Mirrors don’t fold in.

3. Screen is fuzzy/bitmapped half the time.

4. Belt holder in roof for third row won’t hold belt.

Suprises:
Going from 2011 Lincoln MKT to Avenir.

1. No rain sensing wipers.
2. Interior lights are harsh and cheap.
3. More wind noise
4. Driver seat is BRUTAL. Worst comfort.
5. Backup camera is cheap. Ford way better.

What I like:
1. Ride is sooooo comfortable.
2. Good auto cruise.
3. Auto cruise stop and go works. But hits brakes too late and too hard. Really?! Why? Let me set.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Have had the 18' Avenir now for over 7 months and find none of your surprise findings. Have had 3 other Enclaves and find the new one just fine. You may need to go back to the dealer as mine doesn't have items 1-4 or 2-5 wrong. I do like that with the wipers the headlight come on with them on this new Enclave.

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks for replying to my thread as well. I am wondering if there are some quality issues with these late MY batch as we got ours on 7/5 and as I mentioned in my thread, 3 of them had the fuzzy infotainment screen. Our mirrors and steering wheel buttons work though. and so far the belt has not come down from the holder for the 3rd row.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find the adaptive cruise control the same. Takes a while to get used to. would not use it in the winter or wet roads. Traded in Jeep grande Cherokee that did a gradual slowdown. This was a steep learning curve. Still don't trust it. Does work really well on the hiway. My rainsence wipers on the XT5 and Jeep were really nice to have.
Was in a rainstorm last night and the wipers would not keep up, so slow. It seems that the rainsence go twice as fast on high. Miss them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I find the adaptive cruise control the same. Takes a while to get used to. would not use it in the winter or wet roads. Traded in Jeep grande Cherokee that did a gradual slowdown. This was a steep learning curve. Still don't trust it. Does work really well on the hiway. My rainsence wipers on the XT5 and Jeep were really nice to have.
Was in a rainstorm last night and the wipers would not keep up, so slow. It seems that the rainsence go twice as fast on high. Miss them.

I got back from a 1700 mile round trip from Modesto to Seattle about 3 weeks ago. Used Adaptive cruise control almost the whole drive. I set it about 5 mph faster than traffic so it "flowed" with traffic. South on 1-5 south of Portland in a 2 hour crawl, someone whipped in front of me when I was going about 5mph and then stood on their brakes ( no room in front of me), Avenir did a complete stopped immediately. I needed to gas to get it to go again.

The only thing I don't like is curvy mountain roads where you need to be powering in and out of curves, not at constant speed.

I loved being able to drive for long hours without my feet cramping from having to feather gas and brake. I let it drive me through a massive 2 hour delay going through Portland northbound before rush hour. Loved that Android auto rerouted me

One oddity that I experienced is errors when hit by radar, the first time it kicked out of ACC just after I topped a hill and saw a CHP in the median about a mile up, I was about to lower speed and received and error and the ACC just kicked out so it slowed down. This happened once more in CA and twice in Oregon, all different driving conditions. I am pretty sure the radar confused the ACC so it goes to manual, either that or the errors are coincidental but after the third one I figured it was radar.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I haven’t had the radar kick off ACC so far. I also traded in a Jeep GC and noticed right away that there is a big difference in the way the Avenir slows down when approaching a bottleneck. It takes longer for it to apply the brakes, causing the vehicle to lurch to a stop in a shorter distance than the GC did. My wife hates that because the GC slowed down in a much smoother manner. I’m not really comfortable with it either. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven’t had the radar kick off ACC so far. I also traded in a Jeep GC and noticed right away that there is a big difference in the way the Avenir slows down when approaching a bottleneck. It takes longer for it to apply the brakes, causing the vehicle to lurch to a stop in a shorter distance than the GC did. My wife hates that because the GC slowed down in a much smoother manner. I’m not really comfortable with it either. :eek:hno:

What following distance are you using?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have used all three following distances, depending on the volume of traffic.

I am not seeing the lurch stop. I got a good comfort level on my long trip. My follow distance is usually the farthest out. If traffic is moving 70 and speed limit is 65 I set at 73-75 just to stay with flow of traffic, when I get in more congested traffic I lower the speed closer to the flow or the limt

·
Registered
131 Posts
The brakng lurch is not as bad in the longest following distance, but that setting is not good in medium/heavy traffic. It does work well in light traffic though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you are not tailgating the car in front of you there will always be someone trying to squeeze in. You can also override the speed control using the accelerator to keep others from cutting you off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Alvenir
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing