EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2018 Avenir a few months ago and it has been performing beautifully......definitely a step up from my 2014 Enclave. I have the premium suspension package along with the trailer tow package (It came with the car, I don't tow). I would like to engage the "sport" mode of the suspension system but the only way I have found to do that is to engage the "tow/haul" mode. That firms up the suspension but it also switches to a shift pattern that leaves the transmission in a lower gear all the time. he car always feels like its 1 gear lower than the norm.
Has anyone found a way to engage the sport suspension without changing the shift patterns with a vehicle that has the towing package? I don't think its possible and if so , this is a waste to have the premium suspension package and only be able to use it when the "tow/haul' mode is selected.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Im not surprissed Sport mode- leads to higher revs etc.
Switch in shift paterns- stays in gear longer.... some people like that higher rev and faster reaction feel of a higher revving engine.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I purchased a 2018 Avenir a few months ago and it has been performing beautifully......definitely a step up from my 2014 Enclave. I have the premium suspension package along with the trailer tow package (It came with the car, I don't tow). I would like to engage the "sport" mode of the suspension system but the only way I have found to do that is to engage the "tow/haul" mode. That firms up the suspension but it also switches to a shift pattern that leaves the transmission in a lower gear all the time. he car always feels like its 1 gear lower than the norm.
Has anyone found a way to engage the sport suspension without changing the shift patterns with a vehicle that has the towing package? I don't think its possible and if so , this is a waste to have the premium suspension package and only be able to use it when the "tow/haul' mode is selected.

Per Automobile Magazine

"In normal mode, the Enclave Avenir exhibited moderate but well-controlled body roll on the snaky roads, and the rack-mounted electronic power steering is reasonably precise without being too quick for a 69.9-inch tall utility. Press the Buick a bit and moderate understeer keeps you in check and makes the Enclave feel big, again, as its tight 39-foot turning circle and body control otherwise make it drive smaller than it is. But click the AWD button and turn on the trailer towing and the twin-clutch AWD system acts as a kind of torque vectoring system (though it’s not real torque-vectoring, in that the front/rear axles don’t change relative speeds). The understeer pretty much disappears."

From what I can see online sport mode button is on the bottom lefthand side around the infotainment screen in some pics. I am guessing if you have the trailer package the sport button is replaced by the tow/haul button.

Sounds like you did it correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There’s no sport mode in the Enclave. The premium suspension is just an adaptive suspension that’s supposed to give you a smoother ride with the big 20 inch wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think Tow/Haul replaces Sport, from what I could figure out from the owner's manual. What isn't clear to me is whether Sport and Tow/Haul are actually the same thing on an Enclave Avenir. I don't have the Tow/Haul package, but I can confirm that Sport alone tightens up the suspension (noticeable, but not dramatic) and also holds lower gears longer. Throttle response seems a bit quicker, too, but hard to tell if that's an actual throttle thing or simply due to higher torque at higher revs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
According to the manual, and everything else I have read, sport mode and tow/haul mode are the same, activated by the button mentioned previously. The continuously damping suspension is part of the Premium package and is always active in normal driving mode. When I tested models with and without it there was a marked difference in the ride. I bought an Avenir with the Premium package. It is the nicest riding SUV I have had, and there have been many.

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to the manual, and everything else I have read, sport mode and tow/haul mode are the same, activated by the button mentioned previously. The continuously damping suspension is part of the Premium package and is always active in normal driving mode. When I tested models with and without it there was a marked difference in the ride. I bought an Avenir with the Premium package. It is the nicest riding SUV I have had, and there have been many.

I never used that button as I have the towing package but thought it was for towing, will try it soon and see if the ride changes. thanks
A

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
AlanBEF51
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing