EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Buick Enclave started creaking when going over uneven pavement, started around 4000 miles. The creaking noise seems to be coming from the front doors' weatherseal. Does anyone else have the same issue? I made 2 videos demonstrating this noise.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Take some silicone and apply it to the weatherstrip. The issue has been brought up extensively on the Traverse forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Enclave Premium and am having the same problem with all four doors. I did read about this problem also on the Traverse forum. It appears the noise is coming from the weatherstriping along the top of the doors. I took some WD40 and sprayed the weatherstriping on both the door and the frame and the annoying creaking sound appears to be gone for now. I'm sure it will return once the WD40 wears off. I don't feel I should have to periodically lube the weatherstriping on a $50K vehicle to keep it from creaking. I know this thread is 2 years old so I would like to hear if anyone else is still having this problem and what GM is doing to fix it. I haven't taken it to my dealer yet but will talk to them about the problem at the next oil change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts