EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Buick Enclave AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Enclave with 30K miles has squeaky brakes (I think the front) in the morning when backing out of the garage.
They're fine after a few minutes of driving. Has anyone else had this problem? What type or brand of pads should I look into? I see that the new 2021 Enclaves had a brake pad issue with a TSB (21-na-142) . (Grinding noise)
In that bulletin, GM states that the front pads should be replaced with a new version. (Part Number: 85520396)
My last question, will these, 85520396 pads fit on the 2018-2020 model Enclaves, or is the 2021 version different?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Squeaky brakes are in the realm of "normal" for any vehicle with disc brakes like the Enclave. Moisture and other factors cause it - stop hard once or twice normally gets rid of it.
I suggest the following in order of low cost to higher cost -
  • Clean the rotor surfaces with spray-on brake cleaner to remove any oil / grease that might not be visible. Wipe off with a clean rag. Removing the wheel helps but not required
  • Spray the rotor surfaces and pad surfaces with Brake Anti-squeak Spray. Has worked for me in the past on various vehicles. CRC makes "Disc Brake Quiet"
  • Semi-metallic pads are more squeaky than Ceramic pads. Swapping to Ceramic pads may resolve. You can go aftermarket or try the "AC Delco Professional" version of the brakes which I believe are Ceramic (vs semi-metallic). The older "Organic" pads are less squeaky but brake performance drops a fair amount - I would explore only if you exhaust all other options.
  • If new pads don't resolve, new rotors are the other option. Again, AC Delco Professional ones are better (Ceramic ?) and not much more expensive. Aftermarket is also an option.
Hope you can resolve.
Robert
2011 Enclave 162k miles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts