EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 2nd Enclave I have owned the other t 2014-15 I believe the 2015 transmission had issues to, not sure why I decided to get a 2018 maybe becuase I am a loyal GM buyer with 6 GM vehicles purchased in my lifetime. One of them was also an Acadia what a headache that car was wow. Any way 2018 started having issues early on when coming to a stop it would seem to get stuck and and then push hard out of gear, almost like wanting to take off, dealer did some things that part of the issue got better then at around 55,000-60,000 miles the shuddering/shaking at around 40-60 mph started which was very annoying took it in the dealer replaced a Purge Valve and said the transmission was fine after all my complaints, the car ran better for a few months or so then there it goes again same issues that I have mentioned go on again I call in to the dealer they say it may he purge valve again Wow I can't believe them at all I feel I am getting the run around from a dealer I have purchased approx 3-4 NEW GM cars from, so about 2 weeks ago I am sick and tired of the the shaking/shuddering again and just want to solve the problem once and for all now car has 100,000 miles and out of warranty and now the dealer says I have a transmission that is bad, Now after all the same complaints from before what a coincidence Oh now Im out of warranty time to pay, I am so dissapointed with BUICK/GM now what do I do , they are offering almost nothing to help me recover the cost for a new transmission. HELLLLPPP..

·
Registered
452 Posts
What does " they are offering almost nothing to help me recover the cost of a new transmission", mean?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GM customer financial assistance offering me 15% to help replace a $5,000 new transmission repair bill, on something they have always known has been an issue that the Enclave transmissons

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is the 2nd Enclave I have owned the other t 2014-15 I believe the 2015 transmission had issues to, not sure why I decided to get a 2018 maybe becuase I am a loyal GM buyer with 6 GM vehicles purchased in my lifetime. One of them was also an Acadia what a headache that car was wow. Any way 2018 started having issues early on when coming to a stop it would seem to get stuck and and then push hard out of gear, almost like wanting to take off, dealer did some things that part of the issue got better then at around 55,000-60,000 miles the shuddering/shaking at around 40-60 mph started which was very annoying took it in the dealer replaced a Purge Valve and said the transmission was fine after all my complaints, the car ran better for a few months or so then there it goes again same issues that I have mentioned go on again I call in to the dealer they say it may he purge valve again Wow I can't believe them at all I feel I am getting the run around from a dealer I have purchased approx 3-4 NEW GM cars from, so about 2 weeks ago I am sick and tired of the the shaking/shuddering again and just want to solve the problem once and for all now car has 100,000 miles and out of warranty and now the dealer says I have a transmission that is bad, Now after all the same complaints from before what a coincidence Oh now Im out of warranty time to pay, I am so dissapointed with BUICK/GM now what do I do , they are offering almost nothing to help me recover the cost for a new transmission. HELLLLPPP..
It's time to move away from your dealer--for repairs and for future vehicle purchases. Ask around and find out the best local transmission shop in your area. I paid about $3500 for a new transmission on a 2015 Enclave with about 160k miles on it. These transmissions are a weak point in these vehicles. The manufacturere uses the computer to sqeeze a few more MPGs out of it due to fleet CAFE standards set by the government. This causes the computer to shift the transmission

·
Registered
5 Posts
transmission
more than necessary to keep the rpms low. Over time, it takes it toll on the transmission. The new tranny comes with a reprogram of your car's computer. It will shift differently afterwards, and probably use a bit more gas, but you likely wont have any more problems with it.

Sorry for the two posts--a stupid ad covered my response and had to post just to see what I had written.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts