1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Horrible!!

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Side profile at the back, hiddeous. Tail lights weird. Push button transmission switches odd, and in poor location. The new Equinox much better, the Terrain=Nissan want to be...which isn't a compliment.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. Maybe it's just me because I do happen to own a Terrain. For me I still think this Terrain looks much better than the 2018 Equinox.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I like it. I actually like the non Denali grille best.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
so you have to turn a knob to shift gears?

I dont like that... but thats me...........

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rbarrios said:
so you have to turn a knob to shift gears?

I dont like that... but thats me...........
i think that just the AWD selector..... the transmission shifter is located below the air conditioning controls

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
vic1212 said:
i think that just the AWD selector..... the transmission shifter is located below the air conditioning controls
holy crap--- thats different...

push buttons for each gear- then the L + - buttons--- how odd--- especially if youre on a hill going up or down and using the manual shifts to help control the vehicle............................ very odd

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
rbarrios said:
holy crap--- thats different...

push buttons for each gear- then the L + - buttons--- how odd--- especially if youre on a hill going up or down and using the manual shifts to help control the vehicle............................ very odd
From the pictures it looks like a horrible idea for the transmission controls. But without sitting in it and seeing how the placement is, its hard to really know.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kidsenclave said:
From the pictures it looks like a horrible idea for the transmission controls. But without sitting in it and seeing how the placement is, its hard to really know.
and one thing that we don't really know now is if the transmission have the Driver shift control. I remember that for both the Terrain and the Enclave you can just tap it all the way to M6 and youre still running in automatic mode. However with Driver shift control like the one on Malibu or the first gen SRX you actually have to shift it yourself

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
vic1212 said:
and one thing that we don't really know now is if the transmission have the Driver shift control. I remember that for both the Terrain and the Enclave you can just tap it all the way to M6 and youre still running in automatic mode. However with Driver shift control like the one on Malibu or the first gen SRX you actually have to shift it yourself
True. My Impala M mode is true manual, kinda. It will go back to "1" at each stop, so you have to tap up each gear manually. And, once in a gear, you can't downshift via the throttle, it will stay in the gear, until you slow enough for it to downshift, which it will do automatically, so its interesting, I like it much better than the "L" mode of the Enclave.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kidsenclave said:
True. My Impala M mode is true manual, kinda. It will go back to "1" at each stop, so you have to tap up each gear manually. And, once in a gear, you can't downshift via the throttle, it will stay in the gear, until you slow enough for it to downshift, which it will do automatically, so its interesting, I like it much better than the "L" mode of the Enclave.
same.... Just not sure if the Acadia does have that feature.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts