1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Sure looks nice!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Meh. Doesn't do much for me, but neither does the current model.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
zman said:
Meh. Doesn't do much for me, but neither does the current model.
It has the exterior styling cues of a truck based vehicle. It's definitely not a minor redo. It'll be interesting to see the upcoming 2018 Enclave.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
This new Traverse is stunning! Its worlds ahead of the current one. Looks much more like a Tahoe, or truck based SUV. They kept it 8 passenger, cool! Still at Lansing Delta plant, also cool. We were talking about it all day at work. Of course, won't see it on our lot till summer, but very nice!

New Equinox...also nice
New Acadia, I like
New Terrain....I do NOT like, if anyone has seen that, share your thoughts.

Wondering what the Enclave will be like, truck lines, or more like it is now.

These finally get the push button start. 9 speed auto! Think there will be wave plate issues?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought the new Terrain looks better than the Equinox! I'm just glad they have air vents for the back.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Kids, if the new Enclave is coming equipped with a new 9 speed transmission, in both jealous and glad that I'm not a "guinea pig" again.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm just not sure why almost everyone is complaining about start stop system. I have a Malibu in my household and I know that over the summer the start stop system wouldn't activate because it does monitor if the interior gets too hot then it would turn the engine back on or it just doesn't turn on the start stop system while at idle at all. The only times it would work if it's at a comfortable temperature and if you don't like it then just put it in manual mode then it doesn't kick in

·
Registered
414 Posts
I like it a lot. Can't wait to see how the 2018 Enclave looks.

As for engine stop/start, that would be the first thing I'd turn off with HP Tuners. I'll take the tradeoff of slightly decreased fuel economy for less start/top wear and tear any day.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
vic1212 said:
I'm just not sure why almost everyone is complaining about start stop system. I have a Malibu in my household and I know that over the summer the start stop system wouldn't activate because it does monitor if the interior gets too hot then it would turn the engine back on or it just doesn't turn on the start stop system while at idle at all. The only times it would work if it's at a comfortable temperature and if you don't like it then just put it in manual mode then it doesn't kick in
I've only driven start/stop systems in rental cars. I am not a fan of them.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
JayS said:
I like it a lot. Can't wait to see how the 2018 Enclave looks.

As for engine stop/start, that would be the first thing I'd turn off with HP Tuners. I'll take the tradeoff of slightly decreased fuel economy for less start/top wear and tear any day.
As I understand it CAN NOT be defeated. If you know a way I'm sure there are multitudes across many forums that would be interested in your solution.

·
Registered
414 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
As I understand it CAN NOT be defeated. If you know a way I'm sure there are multitudes across many forums that would be interested in your solution.
Sorry, I was thinking of cylinder deactivation which can easily be turned off in HP Tuners (and people do it because the 5.3's have oil consumption issues with it enabled, thanks GM). Looks like HP Tuners is working on the coding to turn off start/stop so by the time I get a car that has it I'm sure it will be a simple click to delete. :)

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
vic1212 said:
I thought the new Terrain looks better than the Equinox! I'm just glad they have air vents for the back.
I'm 100% opposite in opinion in regards to the Equinox and Terrain. Equinox I think is beautiful, in every aspect. The Terrain is a combination of weird shapes, and odd items....like the push buttons for the transmission. Chevy gets the advantage.....finally.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kidsenclave said:
I'm 100% opposite in opinion in regards to the Equinox and Terrain. Equinox I think is beautiful, in every aspect. The Terrain is a combination of weird shapes, and odd items....like the push buttons for the transmission. Chevy gets the advantage.....finally.
I mean to each of its own. I do own a 2012 Terrain as well since I like the styling more than the 2012 Equinox at the time. But the next time I'm replacing the Terrain, I might think about replacing with another Terrain or the Envision

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
vic1212 said:
I mean to each of its own. I do own a 2012 Terrain as well since I like the styling more than the 2012 Equinox at the time. But the next time I'm replacing the Terrain, I might think about replacing with another Terrain or the Envision
How about the all new Acadia?

http://www.gmc.com/suvs/choose-your-acadia-mid-size-suv.html#

They did an awesome job on that, not sure what went wrong with the Terrain?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The lack of not having rear air vents in my GMC is what really bothers me. If I do get the Acadia then it probably have to be the All-Terrain model.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts