EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife has always complained about how uncomfortable the headrest is. The only adjustment is up or down. So I took the headrest out, turned it around, and reinstalled it. Now instead of the headrest tilting forward, it's basically flush with the seat and doesn't hurt her neck.

To take it out, lift the headrest up, turn the caps at the bottom of the posts counterclockwise. From the rear, there is a loop of the metal retaining ring at about the 5 o'clock position. Push it forward to release the posts for both headrests. Then turn them around, reinstall and screw the caps back on.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Funny, my wife like the ones in our 13 model better. Good tip!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wife has always complained about how uncomfortable the headrest is. The only adjustment is up or down. So I took the headrest out, turned it around, and reinstalled it. Now instead of the headrest tilting forward, it's basically flush with the seat and doesn't hurt her neck.

To take it out, lift the headrest up, turn the caps at the bottom of the posts counterclockwise. From the rear, there is a loop of the metal retaining ring at about the 5 o'clock position. Push it forward to release the posts for both headrests. Then turn them around, reinstall and screw the caps back on.
We did the SAME thing. And now we have a 2018 which does not have the same problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts