EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon
I am having a problem which seems very strange to me. I am getting a sound from my enclave which sounds like if your old enough a sound from the speakers as though you were going to put down the arm of a phonograph record player needle to an album. Sounds crazy but this is what it sounds like. A scratchy sound even though I can still hear the music. I even turn the car off and it still will make the intermittent sound for about a minute until you hear the system totally shut down. I have read a response in another forum and it sounded like the guy was having the same problem but described it a little different and a response was a module underneath getting wet from the A.C. being on. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated before I start tearing things apart.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is the noise always there? Is it there even if your audio is turned off? Have you added any additional components or plugged anything else into the vehicle? Is your On Star active? Is your phone paired with the vehicle and connected?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's not always there. Yes I will get the noise if the radio is off but yet the command center is no totally turned off for about 20 seconds and when that goes off then the sound goes away but it is intermittent either way when radio is on car running or radio off car running. I do have an auto echo (alexa) plugged in but for that to work you have to be in AUX/ bluetooth for alexa to work. No active OnStar and yes my phone is always active.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have you tried removing the Echo and your phone? If you have, I would take it to your dealer and let them look at it. If it's not caused by any outside (Non vehicle) components, then it should be a warranty issue. Keep us posted with any updates. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks will do but now it hasn't happened in the last 7 days, weird but will still take out those components it is worth the try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts