EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14k on my Enclave and been in shop twice for shuddering and slamming transmission. I love the vehicle but not the transmission. Anyone had success with Buick making amends?

·
Super Moderator
248 Posts
I have not had the problem, but if the dealer can't fix it, make an appointment to see the district rep. If he can't help, call Buick Customer Service and open a case.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't have this issue on our 2018 Enclave Avenir (at least not yet, only has 3,000 miles on it thus far), but I was made aware of this potential on 2018 models, so I took it in to our dealer and they found TSB 18N091, which involved a complete transmission fluid flush. The dealer also performed a TCM fast learn. I believe the issue was incorrect transmission fluid was put in these transmissions from the factory, and the transmission fluid flush was to get all the incorrect fluid out and get the correct fluid in. Correct fluid P/N is 88862156.

Not sure this directly applies to your 2019 or not though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar experience as 90AllTrac with my 2019 Avenir, 9800 miles, 13 months old. Started "shuddering" after a few months and a couple of thousand miles. I had to worry the dealer to death but he finally "found" the TSB cited above and that made a very large difference in the normal shifting. Shuddering is almost gone. But, it still has a very hard, unpredictable downshift on occasion. Sort of surprises me when it happens. My 2012 (which now resides with my daughter) was a much better driving car. I do like all the electronic features of the 2019. I am a long time Buick owner/driver and have come to expect much more from this brand.

·
Registered
69 Posts
While this thread is about a 2019 Enclave, I'd like to ask CrystalDLF2014 a question regarding the 2014 transmission - how many miles on the Enclave and when was the last time the transmission fluid was changed on it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
While this thread is about a 2019 Enclave, I'd like to ask CrystalDLF2014 a question regarding the 2014 transmission - how many miles on the Enclave and when was the last time the transmission fluid was changed on it?
A lot. I believe mileage is 108,000 and I don't know if its ever been changed I've only had it for one year.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
729 Posts
There are codes for the manufacturing date on the VIN. Just type your VIN on Google and one site will state the manufacturing date. I did it with an old vehicle we donated and it was decoded with a date.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine is 05/18 for my 2018 Enclave, so that issue with the undersized spacer plate should not be applicable to ours. That's good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had 2008 GMC Acadia and the 2-3 gears went out around 85k miles. Luckily I had an extended warranty and it got repaired at no cost. I loved the vehicle and traded it in 6 months after it was repaired for a new vehicle. We drive on many long vacation trips (highway miles) and wanted a new reliable version. We were told the transmission design was improved so we traded it in for a Buick Enclave with all the features we have grown to love. WELL... just over 100k miles and the torque converter is failing and the Enclave is in the shop getting repaired! We should have it back in just over a week and is cost me over $3k! Plus, this vehicle had the 5 year maintenance package and has been maintained by the dealership. This is the last straw with these vehicles... I'm done and moving on. Crazy that a transmission doesn't last 100k miles! I will be SUV shopping this summer. GM lost another customer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar experience as 90AllTrac with my 2019 Avenir, 9800 miles, 13 months old. Started "shuddering" after a few months and a couple of thousand miles. I had to worry the dealer to death but he finally "found" the TSB cited above and that made a very large difference in the normal shifting. Shuddering is almost gone. But, it still has a very hard, unpredictable downshift on occasion. Sort of surprises me when it happens. My 2012 (which now resides with my daughter) was a much better driving car. I do like all the electronic features of the 2019. I am a long time Buick owner/driver and have come to expect much more from this brand.
Just took my 2019 Avenir into the shop and had some warranty work done, while in there I had them action the recall notice on the transmission. Recall notice was for trans slipping and or shifting out of gear. We’ll see if it helps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Where can I find the transmission recall notice? It's not listed on any of the normal websites.

Also, is TSB 18N091 only applicable to 2018 models? I couldn't find it for the 2019, but there is PIP5608C for the 2019 regarding a transmission drain/fill to correct a TCC shudder which sounds similar.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There is no recall notice. So you won't find one. My reference for TSB 18N091 was for my 2018 Enclave as a reference. I don't know if this situation exists beyond 2018 models, but it did on by 05/18 built Enclave. I'm just saying the symptoms of the OP seem to fit the symptoms TSB 18N091 was written for pertaining to 2018 models, and the symptoms of the OP seemed to fit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts