EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very rarely, when starting the car, I make the mistake of shifting into Low when I meant to shift into Drive. I find that that I have to stop the car, shift into Park, and then shift into Drive. A couple of times, I've had to pull over to the side of the road in heavy traffic. Is there another way around this (besides not making the mistake in the first place)? I've talked to a Buick Dealer and they admitted that this a design flaw. TIA!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not sure I understand how you accidentally shift into Low since that would require pulling back on the shifter two distinct times in a row. Shouldn't ever have to shift into Park though since if you're in Low you simply pull back on the shifter again and it returns to Drive.

1. With the vehicle in D (Drive), pull back on the shift lever to activate L (Low). The L in the shift pattern will illuminate in red, and the D will switch to white.
  2. Tap the left steering wheel control to reduce the highest gear available, or the right control to increase the highest gear available.
  3. To exit, pull back on the shift lever a second time. The D in the shift pattern will illuminate in red, and the L will switch to white.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah I’m confused too. You can shift between low and drive anytime you want moving or not

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have no Ideas. As I guess everyone here as well. The only thing I can recommend you is to ask this question here https://somespeed.com/. Just copy and paste it there. The community is pretty tight, and the answers will start flying soon enough. Wish you luck with your issue. Hope my answer helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry for being blunt, but that's just me. There is no way you can "accidentally" shift into Low from Park. Doing so requires more than a straight-back motion. The shift lever will automatically stop at the Drive position, unless you are exerting lateral force on it. There is no logical or mechanical reason that you should have to stop, shift into Park, and shift back to Drive. Even while in motion, just push the shift lever forward to engage the Drive function, and you're good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts