EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 3rd Enclave . 2019 Essence . I find it mysterious that the all the reviews spout a comfortable serene ride . I don't get that at all. Mine rides quite hard , feels all impacts and road irregularities . Vibrations abound throught the interior as well . Am I missing something ?

Will be taking back to the dealer shortly . Should I be concerned ?

My 2011 was serene .The 2017 lacked . But this one takes all.

Comments?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Our 2013 Enclave came with a detailed GM repair report and the previous owner complained the ride was much harder than his previous enclave. His previous enclave had Michelin tires and the new enclave came equipped with Bridgestone. Once it was time to replace the Bridgestone tires....I purchased Michelin Premier LTX tires and immediately my wife and I noticed an improved smoother quieter ride. Tire makes and rubber hardness matters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks . The tires were my first thought.......

And......Yes , it came with Goodyear Assurance Fuel Saver , then I bought the new top rated Pirrelli ( quite and comfort) as per tire rack reviews and the local shop .No go on those for sure.

A month or so later went to Conti LX 25, number 1 rated for comfort. Wasted some dollars unfortunately , 3 sets.

Not working .....

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are correct. I put Michelins on mine and it helped. Could not believe they titled it as a truck but now we know. The LTX's did help tho.

Seats suck! Rides like a truck, not a semi luxury Buick. What happened to the Electra 225's. Have 12k on mine in 6 mo's. Looking at other cars.
If I wanted a Colorado or Canyon, I would have bought one. Buick, offer air ride!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks . The tires were my first thought.......

And......Yes , it came with Goodyear Assurance Fuel Saver , then I bought the new top rated Pirrelli ( quite and comfort) as per tire rack reviews and the local shop .No go on those for sure.

A month or so later went to Conti LX 25, number 1 rated for comfort. Wasted some dollars unfortunately , 3 sets.

----Too stiff of a sidewall. Porsche yes, Buick no. If you have a discount tire store, talk to them. Bought a set of Avenir wheels and tires with Continentals (had 3 out of 4 bad from the factory). New tires and they had cord coming out the side of them. Put on LTX's and mich better. If you can afford them, Vogue tires are also a softer ride.------[
20200220_083559.jpg
/QUOTE]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol.... like I said my 2011 rode like a dream . Tires help but you just can't circumvent these newer suspensions .....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts