EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Enclave with 23000 miles on it and the tires keep dropping pressure. It has Goodyear Assurance tires on it. It still has bumper to bumper warranty. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
put some soapy water around the valve stem.
and also remove the cap- and put some on there...
see if its leaking air from there.... easy to check.

If not- then take it to dealer or tires shops to have them dunk the tires in a tub. Could be bad seal between tire and rim.

·
Super Moderator
366 Posts
Are all the tires losing pressure? How long has this been happening. I ask because at this time of year when temperatures begin dropping most tires will lose some pressure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All the tires are loosing air, about a pound a week. These are original tires with 23000 miles.
1 psi a week is not uncommon for Fall and Spring temperature fluctuations. I suggest using coating with soapy water via a spray bottle around the seal between the tire and the rim/wheel.
I have had some success simply over-inflating the tires when cold, like putting in 37 psi vs 35 psi. The extra pressure is enough to "push" the rubber into the leaky spot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rember all four loose the same amount. I have put 36lbs and days later it is down to 35. If I didn't check they would probably keep going down. It only has 15000 miles on a 2019. I don't know if Bumper to Bumper covers wheel issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My '18 fluctuates 1-2 psi a week as well. It's normal. They can either all do it at once or they may be random. Typically it's all at once. I'm on a 2nd set of tires. The same thing happens with the 2nd set. Only these are Hankooks. If you're still worried, definitely take it to the dealership and ask for an inspection. With 23k miles on them, it's likely not a warranty fix now since wear and tear has happened. They'd probably cover a defect if it was under 10k miles. Even then that would be iffy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts