EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Frost White / Brandy leather
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used 2019 model and the rear skylight shade won't latch, so obviously something is broken, like the sill plate that the latch slides into.
Browsing online for a replacement.
Anyone have a link for a correct replacement?

Thanks in advance,
Kent

·
Administrator
440 Posts
Welcome to the forum, KentoC. Here is a link to the part: Moonroof latch

Apparently there have been several of these latches that have broken. There is a Technical Bulletin on this problem for the front shade: PIT5682A. If you are still under warranty the rear one may still be covered.

The latch is riveted in place. The rivets will have to be drilled out and replaced with screws. The sunshades should have been electric to begin with. Just another cost cutting measure.

Here is a discussion of the problem: Rear Sunshade Latch Repair

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alvenir,
Yes, the roll-shades are pretty cheesy. Should have been at least a manual slide, and at least the rear should've been electric just due to the fact that the driver needs to be able to control it from the driver's seat.
Thanks for the welcome.
I bought a used Premium from a woman several days ago. It's about a 9+ on the clean scale, and at 50k+ miles it's just barely out of warranty.
This will be my first Buick and my first GM vehicle for that matter. I've always been a Ford guy, but the last Explorer (Exploder)(2007 Eddie Bauer) that I got for my wife was absolutely the worst lemon we'd ever owned, and it really turned me off of wanting another. So I shopped all the other brands and ran across the re-styled Buicks and thought they looked pretty cool. The spaciousness inside is what we were after, and the semi-luxo feel is pretty pleasant.
I hope it turns out to be a good car.

Kc

·
Administrator
440 Posts
I bought mine for the ride, and also for the spaciousness. Keep in mind the 6yr/70k transferrable power train warranty. Other than a few other things that were left out, I am enjoying the Enclave at 30k miles, and no issues so far. I hope you will enjoy yours just as much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, to the power train warranty. I might even consider hitting up the local dealership to see what they might could do on an extended warranty.
I see you have an Avenir. I really wanted to go that route, but of the used market offerings in my area, you're talking about an additional $6-8k to get one and there weren't many available within a reasonable distance.
This Premium I got had the 'Brandy' colored seats, so they looked a lot better to me than the all-gray, or all-black interiors.
I like the thought of the active cruise, the adaptive suspension, and the rear camera-mirror, and ultimately all-wheel drive, but again, couldn't justify it for now.
If this turns out good, then I'll be keeping my eyes open in a couple of years for a '21 model Avenir.

·
Administrator
440 Posts
White and brandy is a nice combo and would have been my next choice if they couldn't find one with the damping suspension in dark slate. They found it 200 miles away. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, 200 miles would be a LONG trip to go look and take a chance of getting pissed at the salesman or something. Been there, done that. Makes for an extremely long day.
Could've maybe gone the Carmax route and had one shipped from afar, but there was only a couple that I was interested in.
The one I found was the ONLY one for sale by a private owner out of a dozen or so candidates, and it was 80 miles away. So the deal itself was so nice not having to deal with a salesman and all their stupid games.

·
Administrator
440 Posts
I test drove an Avenir locally. It had everything I wanted except the color. The dealer sent a driver to pick it up. I didn't have to go. Even back then, there weren't many around, and especially Avenirs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's great. I did a deal kind of like that years ago. Buying my daughter a car and a friend of mine was working at a dealership about 70 miles away. He had some old dude drive the car here for me to look at and test drive. So at least that saved me a lot of time while shopping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts