EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a notification for recalls on a 2019 model? My dealer called me to advise that my VIN has 2 recalls against it. Nothing found on MyBuick.com nor NHTSA.com. Dealer referenced some website called "Global Connect" which I can't get into as it appears to be a dealer only site.

Frist recall is for intermittent vehicle speed, the second is for the front left lower control arm not being seated properly in the ball joint. I've got an appointment to take the vehicle in this Wednesday and they need to give me a loaner while they address this. No cost to me, but really confused why I can't find anything on these recalls when searching my VIN#. Just seems a little fishy to me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Apparently the control arm recall only applies to certain serial numbers (mine wasn't one) and they reprogrammed the transmission module. I didn't notice anything abnormal with the transmission before and nothing seems different now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding and confirming that I'm not alone in this. Car goes in Wednesday night and they say they will have it back to me the following day. Sure hope it is that easy and no major differences or complications down the road. We're actually taking a road trip from Chicago to Niagara, ON in a little over a week, so I need the car in tip top shape. Don't want any out of state (country) surprises.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Closing the loop in this for anyone else who searches in the future...my vehicle was inspected and no issue with the front control arm not being seated properly were found.

The sudden decrease in acceleration potential was addressed with a TCM software calibration. While I can't say I ever noticed anything wrong prior to the recall work, the update hasn't made any significant change either. I'm going on a road trip next week so maybe I'd experience more during that drive.

Overall I'd say it was concerning that a new vehicle would have recalls with less than 4800 miles on it, but so far seems to be a good proactive measure by GM and no harm no foul to me. No charge either which is always a pleasure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts