EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently purchased a CPO 2019 Buick Enclave. Previously we had a 2011 Enclave.

When the car is in park, it sure seems like the vibration/movement in the seat is a decent amount. No movement in the steering wheel. Just the front driver and passenger seats. I do not remember feeling this in my old 2011. We took it in- they said nothing wrong with it.
Can anyone else examine how it is when you’re in park, with and without the AC on? How much do you feel in the seats? Obviously the engine is on so you must feel some, right?!?
Thank you!

·
Administrator
450 Posts
I have run my 2018 in Park for several minutes at a time, and have never experienced any vibration through the seat. It sounds like something is happening in the transmission, which is directly below the seats, It could also be the exhaust pipe vibrating slightly while touching the frame or floorboard. I would bring it to another dealer, if possible.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a pretty intense vibration on acceleration (feels like a bogging down) after car warms up. Recently installed a new exhaust V pipe. Was running great but then drove through a slightly deep puddle (barely reached the undercarriage) after which vehicle had a weird hard vibration (almost like gears grinding) on acceleration sound. I thought water had gotten into the trans (or engine) so I changed both trans and engine oil/fluids... was still making that grinding bad vibration noise. Had my son revved the car up and watched the motor for excessive movement (seemed ok) until car warmed up then noticed the acceleration vibration sound. looked underneath and discovered the exhaust V-pipe is resting/rattling on top of (touching) the cross-member guard that is passes over. So it's either the pipe was manufactured without the required clearance -or- more likely, something to do with either an engine mount (or exhaust suspension point) not attached or connected. Going to check it out today and see what I find. Note: I discovered only the Enclave (not the other version of this vehicle) has a vacuum controlled engine mount system - that seems like a possible point of failure which would let the engine drop back and down (rear engine mount)? I read somewhere that someone experienced damage to the vac lines from rubbing against the serpentine belt causing engine mount malfunction. Not sure but going to explore and see what I find. Maybe as simple as an exhaust rubber holder broken or dislodged? will report back. Maybe something as simple as he water puddle pushed the exhaust rubber suspenders off it's post? I hope it's that simple. I'm going to replace the upper dogbone passenger side engine mount while Im at it because it looks a bit old and has some cracking in the rubber. Hard to believe something as seemingly minor aa an exhaust pipe touching something could cause so much of a noise and grinding but I guess the engine is tied to it and if the engine isn't allowed to move it can bind things up and cause issues. Enclave has 158K on it and while it's a nice smooth riding car with size, has so many issues not sure it's worth it to keep it going (torque convertor jumping, replaced starter, alternator, etc, etc etc). Now has a hard to diagnose very slight front end wobble (not tires/wheel/balance related) that I can't seem to figure out. Getting to the point of not worth what it costs to fix it anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts