EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member and 1st time post. Wife got a new 2020 Buick Enclave with 3.6 engine and for the first 3000 miles was all good, then after the 3000 miles started to hear a (thunk, tap ) what ever might be called inside the car. At first started low and became louder when engine got warmer. Now after 2000 miles its very easy to hear, very distracting, even with radio on low. It does not increase in tempo with engine RPM's. We took it in to where we bought it and not even even sure it was seen by tech. the advisor was so **** sure it was the high pressure fuel pump and said nothing can be don, normal for the car. Wife was not happy with the advisor and later talked to the Service manager and he said to bring it in she took it again and again not sure a tec see it or he just listen to it and said it was the purge valve now and normal. all this time asked if normal why did it take till over 3000 miles to start, so last try I took it in to another dealership and the advisor their tried to get me to take it home once he saw it been seen at the original dealership. It was scheduled for that day but when he lifted the hood and got cocky and said can't you hear the injectors. I said that is not the noise, go listen inside, its not that random noise like the injectors, this is a constant thunk thunk thunk at about 60 to 80 per min. rev up engine injectors change, this don't change. he then said you taking it home I said no. he then says it will be 2-5 days before they get to it and with that I left.On day 3 called service manager and we picked it up, he gave us a GM bulletin that said injector noise is normal and not to try to remove to reduce the noise. GRRRRrrrr. Don't believe it was seen. so today I went out, removed the engine top cover and took a stethoscope for engines and with it running tunking away I found it. From the right side fender at firewall side and top edge of engine the MAF is right there, right over the top of the MAF there is a black plastic round thing I believe and put the stethoscope tip to it and listened in stereo, its the issue. But no clue what it is. Have yet found a engine component chart. anyone else have this issue or can help ID this component. Otherwise wife is selling this after next payment. or lemon law. this is not normal. Thanks Gary

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry you're having an issue, and no, it's not normal. I have 12K miles on my 2019 with the same engine and there are no purge valve thumps or fuel pump noises or anything else. They are just lying when they try to tell you it's normal just to get you out of the shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thing is they are not even trying to check it out. as soon as it goes in the advisor tells us it a normal condition, well I have checked other and its not. They claim that's it the injectors from the high pressure fuel pump that we are hearing. but it's not, I found it but no idea what is causing it. the engine has a cover on it that you take oil cap off and pull up to remove it from the pins that seat into stand offs under it. can't remove it fully since one spot has a screw head I have never seen before. but can move it enough to check where I here it under the hood. i use a stethoscope for finding noise sources and after a 5 mins found iton the top rearward side of the engine there is some thang black companat that thing connect to and a stand up were that cover pin pushes into it for securing, has a metal center in the stand off, take the scope and listen around back there and you can hear it pretty, touch that metal insert for cover OMG it will make your ears bleed. that the noise, why???? think they would even try and work with me. Nope, called the GM Number in the front of the owners manual and GM tried to get one of the dealerships to take it in again and try and dig into it more. One would not even return her call at GM the other said it would do no difference. Sooo we are filling for a lemon law case, When you spend $48,000 and they turn a deaf ear to you. never again will I buy from them. I will keep you up on what happens.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Gary, Sorry you're having issues with your new Enclave. I've got a 2020 with almost 9,000 miles and no issues other than I'm not thrilled with the transmission. As for your lemon law case, I don't know where you live, but lemon law varies by state, so make sure your vehicle falls under the guidelines of your state. Some states only consider safety concerns and others it has to affect the operation of the vehicle. I have participated in about six cases in Florida and we (Land Rover & dealer) lost all of them. They are VERY pro consumer in Florida. In Florida you have to give the dealer three opportunities to repair the issue. That is why your dealer is not making any attempt to correct it. Make sure you are given your paperwork whether or not they attempted to fix it or not. Document all correspondence with the dealer and or manufacturer as to date, time and whom you spoke to. Good luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Could you take a picture and post it here on where exactly you are hearing the noise with your stethoscope?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts