EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I thought I had easily decided to get a new Hyundai Palisade last year, but I wanted to wait for second year model.

Well after seeing that a few first year issues aren't fixed and Hyundai made some poor design decisions, a new Enclave may be back in the running.

I currently have a 2010 Enclave which I've really enjoyed most of the time, but reliability has been a knock.

I'm unhappy that Buick chose to drop their warranty coverage in the new models. All that being said, the only way I would buy another Enclave is to have an extended warranty. What's the longest years and miles warranty I can get? How much does that usually cost for an Avenir?

They have some decent sales on the Avenir so it's become much more appealing. My current Enclave is starting to really get old sounding and feeling. I was hoping to wait until 2022 since updates were delayed, but it's tempting to do it now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The 2020 Enclave comes with a 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper, 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty w/ roadside assistance. Also rust and corrosion warranties and an 80,000 emission warranty. As for GM extended warranties, I believe the only one they offer is for 5 years and 60,000 miles. You would probably need to talk to your dealer to get a specific price for the vehicle you are looking at. There are also many aftermarket warranties available that well exceed 100,000 miles. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Are the aftermarket warranties any good? I've only had warranties offered by GM.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I can only relay my experiences with the Non-GM extended warranty that I purchased on my 2013 Enclave. There are many items to consider when looking for a warranty. The biggest factor to consider (in my opinion) is how you use your vehicle. Do you often take long road trips or just daily usage. How many miles in a year do you drive?

If you often take long road trips, then a warranty covering more miles might be more important than a 36 month 20k mile warranty. Also, what kinds of items do you want covered?. My dealer offered us a warranty with three different levels of protection....each level costing more but covering more items.

My wife and I purchased our used Enclave with 46k miles. Since we often take long road trips, I was able to purchase an extended warranty for an additional 60 months...125k additional miles.
Another factor to consider is the deductible amount. Like car insurance, you can get different dollar deductible amounts which will cost you more for a lower deductible.

Personally.....I would purchase an extended warranty from the dealer where you bought the vehicle and have all repairs done there. My dealer has taken care of all my warranty repairs without any hassles or issues.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
85 Posts
Aftermarket warranties are not unlike a lot of things, some are good, some are bad and some are in the middle. As like insurance in general, prices will vary with your location. Do your research on what's available in your area and read reviews and ratings on policies you're interested in. As was mentioned before, buy it from your dealer if possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts