EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I've been on the forum a long time, but I don't post much. I have a 2010 Enclave with 120k miles on it. It's about time for a new vehicle.

I've enjoyed the 2010 mostly. It's been a good quiet ride, but it hasn't been the most reliable. I was looking at a new 2020 Hyundai Palisade, but I do have a few gripes about it.

I test drove the 2020 Enclave Avenir last year. It's very familiar in a good kind of way; however I think they skimped on quality in a few interior areas that bother me. For $60k and a reduced warranty, I just didn't think it was worth the money. I had decided to wait until all the 2021s came out to see if the Enclave or Palisade would be improved, but covid seems to be screwing that up.

Anyhow, I noticed there are some good deals to be had for the 2020 Enclave now. I can get an avenir for around 48k which makes the short comings a little more bearable. I looked around the forums, but no one talks about the 2020. Does anyone have one that they could share their experience? What are its problems if any? I worry about the long term maintenance after the warranty is up. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Traded our 2015 Enclave for a 2020 Avenir in February. Have only put on only 3,000 miles because of the pandemic. So far no issues. Enjoying the quieter ride and I believe the quality has improved since 2015.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought an 2020 Enclave Essence in March and have put a little over 5,000. miles on it with no issues. I bought the Essence because I refuse to increase the price by 50% for the SAME vehicle with upgraded trim and a few extra options. Also I hate sunroofs. Living in South Florida limits their use as you need A/C 12 months of the year. They are also magnets for air and water leaks. I will say there are a few things my Grand Cherokee had that I miss, but for the extra cost I'm willing to rough it. It has a very smooth, quiet ride and gets crazy good fuel economy. My Jeep really drank gas. Two things I would like to see improve are the transmission shifting and the overall brake performance, but at this point I would buy it again. I'm not concerned with long term reliability as I will be replacing it in 3 years, but if you are planning on keeping it for the long run, I would look into an extended warranty as these transmissions are known to be trouble prone and that cost alone will probably cover the cost of the extended warranty. Good luck whichever way you go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the feedback. I was leaning towards a Hyundai Palisade, but Hyundai really screwed up the 2021 models. I liked the Enclave Avenir, but i really want tan interior, and there are a few cheap items. I wonder if they will fix that for 2021.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts