EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have heard rubbing, grinding noise and felt vibration. Took to dealer they couldn't replicate, they reviewed tech bulletins did nothing advised if it happens bring it over. didn't bother to pull wheel and look.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
1st thing that comes to mind. rock stuck in caliper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have heard rubbing, grinding noise and felt vibration. Took to dealer they couldn't replicate, they reviewed tech bulletins did nothing advised if it happens bring it over. didn't bother to pull wheel and look.
2020 Enclave owner here - I’ve had the same thing! I noticed it goes away after a few breaking sessions in the same drive. Then, on subsequent drives, it would be back during the first couple of times I used the brakes. I suspected my dealership experience was going to be the same as yours, so I continued to monitor. I’m at about 3500 miles now, and no longer hear the break grind. How many miles on your enclave?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've have felt this with mine. I have about 4 or 500 miles on my 2020. I believe this might be related to the ABS, not pads. Only felt on the beginning of the trip but it did it a couple times at slow speed stops in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can you all that experience this noise with the brakes rule out moisture getting onto the discs, causing a slight rust film formation, as being the cause? And this film is worn away after several braking attempts? Cars kept outside this time of year, in certain parts of the country, will get this on discs rather easily. Or after car washes. Garaged vehicles don't have this issue nearly as much. Just a though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Some rotors do tend to rust almost overnight in humid weather, and that sometimes results in a grinding noise when braking (not breaking). There are no breaks on a car - they are brakes. Also, depending on how well the pads and rotors are matched at the factory, brakes may require 500 miles or so to "break in." The noise normally goes away quickly after just a few brake applications. If not there might be another issue. There is a noise inducer that scrapes on the rotor and produces a noise when the brake pads wear below a specific thickness. That has been a disc brake design feature for years, and it is intended to signal that the pads (and often, the rotors) need to be replaced. The OP did not mention how many miles were on his current brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts