EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a trick to widen the seats. My hips are smack dab on the recliner assembly (steel) and the inside frame. It has jarred my spine to the point of pain. I drive a lot of miles and Buick must make these for a 4 foot person not a 6 foot plus.

I have been told the XT5 seats are wider and more foam. Will these interchange with the Buick Seats or anybody have any ideas. My dealer is a blank.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agreed. Unfortunately the Enclave seats are the worst designed and most uncomfortable of any vehicle I've ever been in. Tolerable for a short time, but brutal on long trips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I've seen these seat 'covers' that are made of massage balls or foam or something. That might help fill in the gap between the seat sides. I haven't tried one myself, but it's just an idea. Cheaper than swapping out factory seats.
In other news the headrests are horrible for my wife who has perfect posture and wants to sit up straight but the headrests force her head forward.

Does anyone have a trick to widen the seats. My hips are smack dab on the recliner assembly (steel) and the inside frame. It has jarred my spine to the point of pain. I drive a lot of miles and Buick must make these for a 4 foot person not a 6 foot plus.

I have been told the XT5 seats are wider and more foam. Will these interchange with the Buick Seats or anybody have any ideas. My dealer is a blank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[the covers do not work with the seats as the sides are pointed and not rounded. Have tried several. It also does not deal with the metal frame and metal recliner. It is a very serious issue. Other people have written about the pain of driving one of these.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would talk to several auto upholstery shops for their opinion. "If" the XT5 seats would interchange, the cost would be crazy. There are also aftermarket seats, such as Recaro, but they will be a ton of money also. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You spend over 40k for an Enclave, The price of a seat that works is cheap at this point. What makes me upset is no one from Buick reads this. There are several blogs on this and Buick does not care!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts