EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 a couple of weeks ago, I traded in my 2010 Enclave. My 2020 has electric third row seats which I am starting to hate. Lets say that we were picking up some of my kids friends and the third row was down. In the 2010, my child could just reach back, flip the manual switch and push up the seats and get in the back. Now with the 2020 I must exit the vehicle, open the hatch and press the buttons to raise the seats. I know these are first world problems.

It seems to me that I could buy the parts. The lever, the wire, and the disengage mechanism. Part 9, 10, 13, 21.

Maybe $200 a seat. Has anyone heard of this being done?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agreed. Electric folding seats were one of the "features" I didn't want (along with not just one, but two sunroofs!) but which were required on the Avenir.

Please post details if you decide to convert yours.

·
Super Moderator
582 Posts
Seems like any decent car interior shop would be able to wire a duplicate of that seat control somewhere in reach of the driver so you could electronically flip up the 3rd row from the driver's seat.

·
Super Moderator
241 Posts
The middle row has to be pulled forward in order to raise or lower the third row, so having the switch up front may not make things easier. Placing them closer to the rear passenger door would have been more logical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts