EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We traded our 2018 Enclave for a 2021 Avenir, White Frost Tricoat. It has Adaptive Cruise Control, which I dearly love. I don’t worry about running into someone if I get distracted. It will also steer you back into your lane if you drift. It gets 26-30 mpg depending on how I drive.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Is yours FWD or AWD? I am not getting that is either of mine.

·
Administrator
440 Posts
Do you mean it doesn't slow down automatically or it doesn't help stay in lane? I don't think the drive train matters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m not sure if the question is for me. I’ll answer anyway. The adaptive cruise control will slow you and actually stop if it senses that the car ahead is stopped. The car will not slow or stop unless it’s in adaptive cruise control. The lane warning will cause the left side of my seat to vibrate and will steer the car to the right if I’m drifting left. If you try to change lanes without signaling, it will get hard to steer and try to return you to the lane you were in.

·
Administrator
440 Posts
dDdf49, everything you said is accurate. I'm trying to ascertain whether the OP's Enclave's adaptive cruise is not working or if he is not using it and is using the normal cruise instead.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can go to regular cruise on the Avenir. I never go there, so I don’t know if you are there, it will always default to that. I’m always on Adaptive Cruise, so it always goes there when I turn it on. Just a thought.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mine is FWD. Did a 155 mile trip yesterday. Was driving 65 most of the time. Averaged 30.4 MPG.
18 to 20 mpg in both of mine. I think the window stickers show 18-22, down side to having AWD

·
Registered
194 Posts
I’m not sure if the question is for me. I’ll answer anyway. The adaptive cruise control will slow you and actually stop if it senses that the car ahead is stopped. The car will not slow or stop unless it’s in adaptive cruise control. The lane warning will cause the left side of my seat to vibrate and will steer the car to the right if I’m drifting left. If you try to change lanes without signaling, it will get hard to steer and try to return you to the lane you were in.
If the vehicle is equipped with "Automatic Emergency Braking" it will slow the vehicle to attempt to avoid a collision and alert the driver at the same time. The adaptive cruise does NOT have to be engaged for this system to function. Good luck with your new Enclave.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car has Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking. I have never had it work when approaching another vehicle when not in Adaptive Cruise. Do I have something turned off? How should it be reacting?

·
Administrator
440 Posts
Although the manual states automatic braking may occur under certain conditions in any driving mode, my experience is that it only works when using the adaptive cruise. Otherwise, the flashing red warning on the windshield and seat vibration indicates that you are too close to a vehicle ahead and there may be a collision. The brakes have never been activated automatically in those situations.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve had the red lights in the windshield come on and the seat vibrate. So, what is Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking? Does it only work when in ACC?

·
Administrator
440 Posts
I believe so. It does work well with ACC, but I hesitate to test it with regular CC and I doubt it does anything when either version of CC is off. I'm not into rear end collisions. :LOL:

From what the manual says, it seems like enhanced braking just gives more braking power in emergency situations to help prevent a collision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We traded our 2018 Enclave for a 2021 Avenir, White Frost Tricoat. It has Adaptive Cruise Control, which I dearly love. I don’t worry about running into someone if I get distracted. It will also steer you back into your lane if you drift. It gets 26-30 mpg depending on how I drive.
Shouldn't let urself get distracted in the first place

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have read through the owners handbook and found a little additional information. Your vehicle can have Automatic Emergency Braking and not have Adaptive Cruise Control. That being said, the system should function without the cruise control being engaged. For those that have not detected the system working, check your personalization's as the system can be switched off if unwanted. I think it may be a little tricky to test out as it probably doesn't intervene until it's past a point of feeling safe. Adaptive cruise starts slowing the vehicle down well before any safe distance is compromised. AEB activates well past that point.

·
Administrator
440 Posts
You may be right. I never let it get past my point of comfort and I have held off braking right up until that point. Not once did it slow down even a little. The manual also states that it may not stop in time or work under all circumstances. As I mentioned above, no problem when using ACC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts