EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Enclave that has a, growl, grinding, ABS sound when stopping from a moderate speed with moderate to heavy braking. GM say they know about it but will not fix it until there engineers find a fix or the end of May or early June comes. I have documentation showing there response and numerious visits to them for repair. Anyone having this problem?

·
Registered
219 Posts
What do they say the problem is? If their engineers are aware of it they must know what it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, having same issue with right front wheel area. Grinding when breaking. It's intermittent and of course did nothing when at dealer service dept. At 5 months and 2780 miles. Will keep on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, a lot of people are having this issue on the 2020 and 2021 Buick Enclaves. GM is "working on it". Anecdotally and perhaps counterintuitively, it seems like the problem actually gets better over time, at least that's the sentiment from me and several others. See this thread: 2020 enclave Grinding noise brakes

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 has had problem from beginning. 4600 miles. Seems to be worse after sitting overnight. At times sounds like front end going to come right up thru floor. Currently at dealership 3 days and they have no idea. Called with “bulletin “ info and they said they’d look it up.
Love the car, 3rd Enclave, but can’t believe they can’t solve the problem.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It might be the rotor/pad combo GM is putting on. On my 2009 Enclave I had the brakes changed with new AC Delco pads and rotors and they're really smooth - better than the factory brake pad/rotor which warped easily. However, one thing I did was break them in once the brakes were changed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have 17k plus on my 2020 and have never experienced this issue. However from day one I have never thought the brakes were that positive for the size and weight of the vehicle. I came out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee which is close to the Enclave in size and weight and it had a much more positive brake feel. Brake noise in a lot of cases is relative to the drivers braking habits. I'm not trying to imply it's the drivers fault, but it may explain why some people have it and some don't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do they say the problem is? If their engineers are aware of it they must know what it is.
I have a new Enclave that has a, growl, grinding, ABS sound when stopping from a moderate speed with moderate to heavy braking. GM say they know about it but will not fix it until there engineers find a fix or the end of May or early June comes. I have documentation showing there response and numerious visits to them for repair. Anyone having this problem?
I now have 2700+ miles on thecar and there is no change to tthe problem. Have had bac kto the dealer and at first was told they "are not" going to fix your car" then I was told they had fixed an Encore and a Cadiliac and "were" going fix mine. the next morning they called telling me to come get it "they were not going to fix it"
going to go back to GM customer service today.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2021 that has had this problem since day one. 2400 miles and it still does it, really bad when it rains and the brakes get wet.

·
Registered
2021 Enclave Premium AWD Dark Slate Metallic
179 Posts
I've had my 2021 Enclave Premium AWD for a month now, with just under 1000 miles. Have not had any hint of brake problems. After finding this thread just after purchase i have been made a wear of the problem and have been looking for it. So I'll see what happens. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 enclave with only 1000 miles on it. Have experienced the same noisy grinding sounds and vibration in the pedal when braking around 30 to 35 mph.
Took it to the dealer today and of course we could not duplicate the sound. Service Mgr is claiming that the rotors develop rust overnight and the sound that we are hearing are the pads removing the rust build up.
I can't believe rust is building up overnight on dry days. This should not be happening to a 50K car. It has to
be cheap pads that GM is putting on these cars. Car is going back to dealer to stay overnight , so that they can test drive it in the morning. I will report the result

·
Registered
2021 Enclave Premium AWD Dark Slate Metallic
179 Posts
I in no way am saying that this problem is not GMs fault. I do go through the manual when I buy a car. In there it stated that there is a break in period for the braking system. I did take heed and tried to eliminate hard braking from higher speeds and approaching red lights. I have been in my car for a month now and 1000 miles. Don’t have a problem yet. Like I said before I’ll keep a look out for this problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts