EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New headlight design looks nice in the daylight. But driving at night on dims there is a ledge of darkness plus a shadow that looks like the light summoning Batman. Design flaw? Have not talked to the dealer yet. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not a fan of the new front end at all, and especially not the headlight design. How do they work exactly? Are the top ones the low beams and middle ones the high beams?
and the combination of green and blue symbols and dashboard lights in various outside lighting conditions seems inconsistent - leaving you wondering whether the lights are on when - this time- the green ones aren't there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got it back from dealer today and service manager could see what I was talking about just doesn’t know if it’s a isolated case. When another 22 comes in he will check it out. More to follow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New headlight design looks nice in the daylight. But driving at night on dims there is a ledge of darkness plus a shadow that looks like the light summoning Batman. Design flaw? Have not talked to the dealer yet. Thanks
Otherwise, how does the car drive and the feel on the road. I have a 2012 and it has been a dream, would like to exchange for a 2022.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my 2022 Enclave! Just hit 1000 miles today. In fact the headlights are some of the best I’ve had. The lights just below the hood are the daytime running lights. The lights below that, about midway point of the grill, are the low and high beams. Just this morning, in total countryside darkness, I was very impressed by both the distance and width of the high beams. The auto dimming feature of the high beams worked flawlessly. As for the overall comfort and drive, excellent! Transmission is smooth. Quiet interior, plenty of space. Love the push button shifter. Heated seats and steering wheel are a must. Not as peppy from a full stop as my previous Ford Escape with 2.0L Turbo, but fast enough. Cruising at 75-80 is very quiet and comfortable. Lane keeping assist, adaptive cruise, gap spacing all very nice. Even the Heads Up Display is cool.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
6 Posts
with the 2021 i find the light controls inconsistent - driving in daylight with the wipers on, aren't the headlights supposed to be automatic? if so, why aren't the little green dashboard indicators on? sometimes they are - sometimes not ... tried looking at reflection in storefront window .... turns out that only works in 'drive' - lol .... and do the auto brights actually dim under 35 mph? handy for reading mailbox numbers on a dark night .............. the 2015 was more old person friendly (and a tip - be sure you know how to get in 'park' BEFORE you get in line for a carwash!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
with the 2021 i find the light controls inconsistent - driving in daylight with the wipers on, aren't the headlights supposed to be automatic? if so, why aren't the little green dashboard indicators on? sometimes they are - sometimes not ... tried looking at reflection in storefront window .... turns out that only works in 'drive' - lol .... and do the auto brights actually dim under 35 mph? handy for reading mailbox numbers on a dark night .............. the 2015 was more old person friendly (and a tip - be sure you know how to get in 'park' BEFORE you get in line for a carwash!!
sorry- get in 'park' - then 'neutral'

·
Administrator
495 Posts
On mine, if you set the wipers to interval, there is a delay before the lights come on. In the low or high setting, they come on immediately. Under 25mph the auto-high beam function will not work at all.

·
Registered
2022 Buick Enclave Premium Sage Metallic
35 Posts
Definitely noticed this fairly quickly after getting mine in July. Compared to my moms 2019 the lights are significantly different at night. I guess moving them down lowered the throw distance and width (which on the 2019 promoted other drivers to flash their lights thinking we had high beams on at times) and created the odd slight area where it looks dim (almost like a bat signal shape someone else mentioned lol). I definitely have to rely on the auto high beams when driving in certain areas in my city. Great esthetic look but for some it will be a major annoyance during nighttime driving in dark areas. It’s almost like lights for a lower sitting car was used if that makes sense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts