EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was great to see that there is a site for the new Enclave owners/potential owners......would like to find out some information about the CXL ....do the captain chairs in the second row come with armrest? The dealer whom I ordered from said they did as did the 2nd row console....there was one at the dealership and the console was movable...also really want to know about the $1,ooo cash back.....please tell me how to do this as my car hasn't come in yet....

many thanks and I have enjoyed reading the info you all posted...... :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: Welcome to Enclaveforum.net!

if you get the console the chairs dont have armrests, if you dont order the console they have the armrests. im pretty sure the console is not moveable but it does fold over half way down to create the flat load floor when all of the seats are folded down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

THANKS GMONEY...I'M GONNA CALL THE DEALER TOMORROW TO CHECK ON THIS AS HE SAID IT CAME WITH BOTH WHEN I ASKED HIM AND I TEST DROVE ONE THAT HAD THE CONSOLE AND ARMRESTS IN THE SECOND ROW....NOW I AM CONFUSED.......I WANT IT ALLLLLLL!!! LOL :blob:

·
Registered
55 Posts

Now this is really wierd...i thought the 2nd row console wasn't available yet??

Mozofoz,

The one you test drove was available to be purchased?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

that doesnt make any sence because having the console and armrests is like almost physically impossable? isnt it?

·
Registered
743 Posts

mozofoz said:
THANKS GMONEY...I'M GONNA CALL THE DEALER TOMORROW TO CHECK ON THIS AS HE SAID IT CAME WITH BOTH WHEN I ASKED HIM AND I TEST DROVE ONE THAT HAD THE CONSOLE AND ARMRESTS IN THE SECOND ROW....NOW I AM CONFUSED.......I WANT IT ALLLLLLL!!! LOL :blob:
Please let us know what you find out. I spoke with a GM Rep a few days ago and we talked about the Console. He said there wouldn't be any after market Console by GM. If your Dealer had a Console, I'd like to know where it came from.
The GM Console isn't out just yet, and when it does appear, the Seats won't have Armrest.
He--, I'm confused too now. 8)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Yes, mozofoz....please let us know where your dealer got that console? If there is a decent aftermarket one available that matches well, alot of us might be interested in purchasing. If we could have a console that is REMOVEABLE and only use it when we need it, AND if it looks almost as nice as the factory one, I bet alot of us would want one!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: 2nd row console question

We wanted the 2nd row console as well when we ordered, but our dealer at Dave Smith Motors told us it isn't available yet. We ordered ours on August 10th and I called my dealer last Wednesday and he said it was being built as of September 3rd, so it's probably already built. We asked if we could add the 2nd row console after market, when they come out, and he didn't have an answer for us.

Does anyone know if you can add the 2nd row console later after purchase??

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

No you cant add the console, at least not the factory one. but anything is possible with some $$$!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts

Gmoney, how do you know this for sure? Just curious...

·
Registered
94 Posts

Gmoney is right! There are several wires involved with the console that aren't even in the current models. You also have anchors involved with holding the console down. If you want to check it out, you can cut through your carpet just to see there is no way to anchor the console.

·
Registered
743 Posts

waitingsince8-10 said:
Gmoney, how do you know this for sure? Just curious...
I spoke with a GM Rep last week and he also said GM had no intention of coming out with an after market Console. 8)

·
Registered
46 Posts

Has anyone added an ftermarket console? If so, where did you purchase it? Any pictures?

·
Registered
81 Posts

ccaats said:
Yes, mozofoz....please let us know where your dealer got that console? If there is a decent aftermarket one available that matches well, alot of us might be interested in purchasing. If we could have a console that is REMOVEABLE and only use it when we need it, AND if it looks almost as nice as the factory one, I bet alot of us would want one!
The pre-production models that they were using in the car shows last fall and winter had a console in them. He may have gotten a hold of one to use.

·
Registered
35 Posts

2nd row console now on Buick's site @ $250. I hope this hasn't already been posted.

·
Registered
11 Posts

I just checked last night and they added 2nd console option on the web site.
I think this is new. I didn't see this 3 days ago.
Now enclave has 3 options for the seating.
7 passengers
7 passengers w/center console
8 passengers

·
Registered
612 Posts

Just got a phone call from my dealer. They are unable to add the 2nd row console to my 10/23 Enclave order. They made an inquiry to the GM representative and received an email in response. I asked them to send me the email and will post it if I get it (doubtful).

In essence the GM Representative said the 2nd Row Console will be available no earlier than January 2008. He talked about a "zero percent availablity" marker on the item. The GM Representative said they need extra time to work out "engineering issues".

My dealer mentioned that the "zero percent" note often means the option will be dropped soon (for the model year). But that is speculative.

·
Registered
612 Posts

This is duplicate information. The actual contents of what my dealer told me match this post from earlier this month:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=708.msg16948#msg16948

Since this discussion is "the sticky" one.. I will add the contents of the letter (thanks wolfffmann)

From "Buick Hot Sheet - October 12, 2007" [sent to dealers]:

DK1 (2nd Row Center Console)...Although we had announced that the DK1 center console would be available for production at the end of this month, there are now Engineering issues that prevent us from building the DK1 center console. We now expect to keep this console on 0% constraint until likely after the first of the year. Although the option will still be in Order Workbench and Autobook, please refrain from ordering this option at this time due to long lead time.[/color]

·
Registered
225 Posts

Clave Man said:
Since this discussion is "the sticky" one ...
There are a lot of "second row console" threads, including one of my own (http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1244.0). To reduce confusion and duplication, I suggest we all move to this "sticky" one to continue the discussion.

I loved the original concept (elegant full length double-row console with second analog clock). I thought the production version was a rather dowdy surrogate, but it still served a useful purpose. But, frankly, I'm reconsidering my position. The console prohibits the use of its space for other purposes (such as a cooler) and it serves mainly to fill the hole when the seats are folded. This may not be worth its cost.

But now we have a more serious problem. It appears that GM has taken delivery of the first lot of production consoles and has found them wanting. They have let engineering over-rule marketing, and pulled it off the Enclave website (is this the second or third delay or false start?). Acadia still shows it, but if it isn't good enough for Enclave, what good is it? I agree with the observation in a previous post that they might pull the plug altogether (at least for this model year) and go back to the drawing board. If not, if instead they decide to use up a flawed product by forcing it into the current lambdas, it will be mid-winter before we see it. Can I afford to order sight unseen? Do I still want one at all? Does anyone else?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts