7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enclave 3862
Acadia 5933
Outlook 2181

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Look like just over 8000 people just about got it right!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bonk! said:
I was one of the 3,862 ordering in Feb '08! Whoot!

bonk!
You ordered in Feb, so your vehicle will show up in the sales total when you actually take delivery.
Enjoy your Enclave :thumb:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
MRBUICK said:
You ordered in Feb, so your vehicle will show up in the sales total when you actually take delivery.
Enjoy your Enclave :thumb:

MRBUICK
Party Pooper :moon: :poke:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bsox said:
Party Pooper :moon: :poke:
Same to you smarty-pants :bootyshake: ;D

·
Registered
41 Posts
FUZZY MATH, Mr. Buick...

As far as I am concerned it was sold in February, the dealership and I have already agreed on a price and my trade-in and everything... I suppose the dealer could flake out and not want to sell it to me, but... that would be pretty stupid...

bonk!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
bonk! said:
FUZZY MATH, Mr. Buick...

As far as I am concerned it was sold in February, the dealership and I have already agreed on a price and my trade-in and everything... I suppose the dealer could flake out and not want to sell it to me, but... that would be pretty stupid...

bonk!
Thats why they don't count the sale until delivery because things can go wrong up until then.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bonk! said:
FUZZY MATH, Mr. Buick...

bonk!
Call it fuzzy math if you like, but I don't report the the figures, the manufacturers do.
The way they report it is when the customer takes delivery.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have never seen that info published.
How would you distinguish "sold" orders from dealer "stock" orders?
Does anyone know?
The only info I read was early in 2007, GM had 9500 dealer orders before the Enclave was even introduced. I guess the dealers thought that it would be a HOT commodity.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Statement from the Autosavant.com review of the Enclave adds more confusion:
While sales were anticipated to be around 3000 per month, the crossovers have been selling at a rate of 4000 to 5000 per month. December saw sales of 4726 Enclaves.
If sales are based solely on vehicle delivery, how can Buick deliver more per month than the factories have anticipated the necessity to build?

bonk!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
bonk! said:
If sales are based solely on vehicle delivery, how can Buick deliver more per month than the factories have anticipated the necessity to build?

bonk!
???

·
Registered
360 Posts
bonk! said:

bonk!
Easy. Build more than you had planned on. :thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think what was being said in the autosavant.net review was that Buick didn't realize it was going to be such a hot vehicle and they were "guesstimating" 3000 per month, but were pleasantly surprised with the 4000-5000 orders.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As a retailer, I can tell you that a sale is never counted as a sale until the item is delivered to the customer. Until that point it is for all accounting purposes a liability as it is a customer deposit. This is standard GAAP and Mr. buick is 100% correct.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts