EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Enclave- Our third row dome light stays on, even after the middle row and front lights have turned off. The third row light only goes off if we push each light and manually turn them both off.
When we open a door, all dome lights come on. I shut the door and the front and middle lights go off, rear stays on. It does this even if we start the car and drive it. When the car is off, the third row stays on until the battery save mode shuts it off.
We bought the car used last March. I know it did not do this when we bought it. With the pandemic we haven't put a lot of miles on it, with all the driving done by my wife to haul the kids to school during the day. So it hasn't been real noticeable issue, and I can't say for sure when it started.
I know my kids (3 and 6 yrs) like to push the dome light button to turn them on and off. Could they have done some sequence that programmed the light to stay on, is that a thing? I tried disconnecting the battery, I turned off the back seat reminder,, and have gone through vehicle settings, but I can't figure this out. I thought I'd check here before taking it to the dealer and trying to get it covered under warranty.
Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
248 Posts
There are no settings that would cause that to happen. When the liftgate is opened and closed those dome lights will stay on briefly but if they are stuck on, the battery saver circuit should turn them off within 10 minutes. The dealer should be able to find the problem if it is a bad switch. Here is another thread discussing a similar problem. Post #11 is the same as yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts