EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:
I have had my enclave for about a month now. Love it, but I have a problem that no one seems to be able to help me with. I called my dealer & he brushed me off.

I have the CXL.
On the 3rd row seat, middle seat belt. The shoulder strap comes down out of the "ceiling" of the car. My grand-daughter pulled it down and buckled up. Now, she has gone home and I want to put it back--retract it back into the "ceiling". I can't get the thing unhooked!!!! There is no red release on the place you hook it up like there is on all the other seat belts on the car. I CANNOT get it to turn loose so it can retract out of the way. It is driving me nuts. It takes two places to "plug in" for the middle seat passenger. I've read the manual cover to cover and it just says "release both belts to return to original positions". SURE, how do I release both of them?
Someone out there must know how.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: Welcome to Enclaveforum.net!

See page 1-13 in the fat manual. You need to use a key to press the mini buckle and then the seat belt should retract. I haven't tried it yet. Let me know if you still can't get it to work... I'll go see if I can get mine retracted.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts

The key worked for me. Took me forever to figure it out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

HALLELUJAH!!! :blob: :banana: :clap: :dancing:

Thanks so much. I tried it and it worked.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Your car key (or any key). Just insert it in the little hole(slot).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was so glad that I had read this on the forum last month, because as soon as my eight year old got in he sat in the middle seat in the 3rd row. After he got out I just looked at him and said "You couldn't retract it right?" So I just got out my ignition key and placed the seat belt back up. Thank you for starting this thread.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank Goodness someone figured it out, the loaner I just got for my " Dealer can't get parts" wows, sure enough has the belt hanging from the ceiling I will try my new found knowledge out tomorrow. I thought I was going to have to call Chuck Berry, I believe he had some experience in this area. But I think he's still trying to get her belt unloose. But seriously its nice to be back in an Enclave, and get reaquainted with those little features like that directional that keeps flashing in the momentary position Genius!!!!! ::)

·
Registered
68 Posts
We've had our CXL exactly one week and I had JUST read this post...we then left to drive about 20 miles with the 7 year old. She immediately dove into the 3rd row and buckled herself in using the middle seat belt (which I honestly didn't even know was there). We do some shopping and I open the hatch expecting to fold down the 3rd row but there is a seatbelt in my way!! Thanks to this post, I knew exactly what to do. Otherwise, we would have spent about 20 minutes in the parking lot as I dug through the owner's manual. Thanks again for the info!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
As an aside, you can still put the third row down with the shoulder belt latched. I did it just last night. It may not look elegant but there is nothing that requires you to unlatch it before putting the seats down.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the tip, zman. That will save me from having to get into the 3rd row seat everytime I need the cargo space. I don't know what it is about that middle seat belt, but my seven year old loves to use it. She'd rather sit there than any other seat in the car.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Talk about "beating a dead horse". Shouldn't this thread have been over afer the 1st reply?

I don't come on here often, but everytime that I do, 3rd row seatbelt release thread is at the top of the page. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That might be because of the sticky. :D

But don't worry about it. I'm sure it's 5:00 somewhere. :friday:

·
Registered
22 Posts
ecowarrior71 said:
Thanks for the tip, zman. That will save me from having to get into the 3rd row seat everytime I need the cargo space. I don't know what it is about that middle seat belt, but my seven year old loves to use it. She'd rather sit there than any other seat in the car.
Exactly same goes for my 5 yr old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife figured this out - Unlatch the one side of the belt, and then use the tongue from that buckle as the "key" to insert in the slot on the other buckle.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Word to the wise or the timid...READ the owner's manual. It is a handy piece of work that a lot of poor souls had to create, write, edit, and revise so that things like this are at your collective fingertips. I am not knocking anyone here, just saddened that this is described clearly in the owner's manual and would have saved people countless hours of frustration. :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
What's this thing you call "owner's manual"? :happy:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Family Truckster said:
Word to the wise or the timid...READ the owner's manual. It is a handy piece of work that a lot of poor souls had to create, write, edit, and revise so that things like this are at your collective fingertips. I am not knocking anyone here, just saddened that this is described clearly in the owner's manual and would have saved people countless hours of frustration. :facepalm:
You have a point there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts